• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Making a run to the OREGON Coast and touring Lighthouses(if possible)!

Yes it was, thanks, and yes it was. It was pillions first motorcycle trip ever and that was the second revised load(the rest I told her she had to leave behind as it would not literally fit anywhere else on the bike lol. We already have an agreement for the Next trip... I’ll give her one saddle bag and what doesn’t fit stays lol(we’ll see how that goes).

In the grand scheme of things, happy pillion = happy trip and I was glad to do it and have her along. For her first trip and our first trip together, it was very doable and we both had a lot of fun. We camped 5 out of 8 nights. A couple of those days it hit 100f and a couple of the days were much colder with mornings in the 40’s and foggy where the temps just seemed to go right through whatever we wore so we warmed our hands with the Jetboil and it was a great excuse to make her another cup of coffee.

I’m trying to put together an overnighter for us on the new DCT bike and trying to make it up to Glacier National Park. It’ll be interesting for sure wherever we make it to lol.
If you look at my Avatar photo, I was able to cram all my gear into my 37L panniers and frunk. BUT, I didn't bring a tent because I was Marriott-ing it the entire way, or a motorcycle cover. Everything else (clothes, rain gear, spare gloves, msr pocket rocket, titanium pot, freeze dried meals, spork, fuel, Sony a7riii, 360 camera, tripod, GoPro & attachments, Laptop, External Drive, ball cap, sunblock, camp blanket and sanitizing supplies during the height of Covid in July) all fit. Granted, I went from my home in TX to LA/MS/TN/AL and back to TX, so it was F-ing hot, so no cold clothes. But everything fit.

For me, it's a vacation..... so no wife.

Roger that. All of my gear fit in just one of the saddlebags and i had room left over. We pretty much had two of everything except one sleeping bag for top cover when it was cold and lower cover when it was hot, then one blanket and top sheet(all in a bed roll to alternate with the sleeping bag). then add two tiny folding camp chairs, two tiny folding cots one each 1/2 gallon Yeti containers of water, two jetboils etc etc. Yup, it was full! Great time though, so looking forward to another trip as soon as i can put one together hopefully before it gets too cold up here. :{)

Hey Hey... time for another long distance ride. This will be the first time the pillion seat will be occupied on a trip.

Looking to hit Tillamook for the cheese/ice cream samples first of course. Staying in the Tillamook area and then riding up/down the coast checking out Lighthouses. Hitting Long Beach Wa and eventually making it down to Crescent City Ca to check out the Redwoods and back to Tillamook. Though my plans are fluid, i should be headed out west Sunday 30th and in the Tillamook/Oregon Coast area Monday 31st through Friday 4th before meandering back to northern Idaho some other route just for different scenery. If anyone would like to meet up for a cold refreshment or meal let me know! According to my RVparky app this should be a nice 1700 mile trip! :{)

View attachment 42678View attachment 42679
Wow you sure have the bike packed up :) are you sure you have everything lol

i know right! Happy pillion = happy trip. It was her very first trip on a bike and i was happy to do it. There was another pile that got left behind as there simply was no more room lol! We've already discussed the next trip she gets one saddle bag and makes it work or it stays behind lol! :{)

Great job and I'm sorry I just found this...that trip and one across Northern WA in VC and BC return when they open the border. I don't have the 2021 NC yet but have Bandit...will travel.

Back