• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Make the best "How to" posts for each category stickys?

Should we make best "How to" posts stickys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
There are some great "How to" posts in here. I wish we could make the best ones for each category stickys. It would be very helpful to anyone using this forum.

For example we could pick the best centerstand thread, the best chain tension adjustment thread etc and make them stickys.

Maybe we could vote on which are the best threads?? Make a poll for best thread with links to the posts and everyone can vote on which thread is the best for that category. Most of the best "How to" posts are not even in the "How to" Forum they are in the General Discussion thread. They really belong in the "How to" forum as that is where most people looking for instruction would head I think.

I think it would cut down on the repetitive threads with all of the best as stickys at the top of the forum.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I think it is a great idea...I would love them to also be shortened to include only relevant info (as opposed to the 'Great idea' responses). I keep trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my seat...and have to read a lot of fluff before I find some meat.

That's what the poll is for.

Our just go by whichever is rated highest (star ratings)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Some threads get really long, with only a few posts with "meat" in them. The result is that stickies are less useful than a search as they just get in the way of looking at new posts in lower down threads. That is significant on some forums I like, with sticky threads that are years old and all new threads are "below the fold" off screen requiring a lot of scrolling.

Other than professionally written FAQ folder, it might be good to extract all the outstanding posts into one static thread in an FAQ folder. But that would boil down to someone willing to do that, and the moderator's consent, and willingness to keep it up. There are some posts that are just so outstanding, not necessarily "how to", that it is a shame to have them forever buried. Those posts are usually commentary on "how things are" and sometimes straight humor. That could form a best of thread.

Back