• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad bracket and windscreen

Roadie

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just purchased a 2020 NC750X and I wondered if anyone has Used and would recommend a madstad set up. I have never experience helmet buffeting on a bike and a replacement Puig touring screen was no better. I am reluctant to continue to buy screens, deflectors or adjusters that make no difference. Seems to make more sense to buy something where you can adjust bothe the height and the angle.

I have just purchased a 2020 NC750X and I wondered if anyone has Used and would recommend a madstad set up. I have never experience helmet buffeting on a bike and a replacement Puig touring screen was no better. I am reluctant to continue to buy screens, deflectors or adjusters that make no difference. Seems to make more sense to buy something where you can adjust bothe the height and the angle.
Quite a few of us here are Madstad owners. We have 2 of them, one on my bike, one on the wife's bike. Highly recommend them. I would also caution they come in multiple sizes. Make sure you talk with them and buy the correct height. They are very helpful about sizing the screen correctly for you.

Lots of variables seem to make a one-size-fits-all recommendation difficult, but the Madstad does it better than OEM, OEM touring, a Vario deflector, and a Palmer Product bracket (or a combo of any and all of the above) did it for me.
My original intention was to swap out the madstad for the OEM screen during the hottest part of summer, but all I ended up doing was dropping the height of the Madstad, and removing the side deflectors for additional wind.
I am a little bit better than 6' 1", my inseam sits at about 31". I purchased the Madstad used, if I knew then what I know now, I would have simply purchased the mad stad instead , and skipped the money spent on the others.
There are definitely times I wish I had more wind during the summer though. It cuts flow by quite a bit. Unfortunately, its not a looker (IMO) either, but the beauty of the bike shines in its use to me.

Thank you, that is reassuring, I am also looking at the similar system made in England by Palmer products but I am sure this is the best way to go. Having more options for adjustments.

Thank you, that is reassuring, I am also looking at the similar system made in England by Palmer products but I am sure this is the best way to go. Having more options for adjustments.

Lots of variables seem to make a one-size-fits-all recommendation difficult, but the Madstad does it better than OEM, OEM touring, a Vario deflector, and a Palmer Product bracket (or a combo of any and all of the above) did it for me.
My original intention was to swap out the madstad for the OEM screen during the hottest part of summer, but all I ended up doing was dropping the height of the Madstad, and removing the side deflectors for additional wind.
I am a little bit better than 6' 1", my inseam sits at about 31". I purchased the Madstad used, if I knew then what I know now, I would have simply purchased the mad stad instead , and skipped the money spent on the others.
There are definitely times I wish I had more wind during the summer though. It cuts flow by quite a bit. Unfortunately, its not a looker (IMO) either, but the beauty of the bike shines in its use to me.

I am looking at the Palmer product as well but it will be one or the other
Overheating, whatever the weather or bike sitting is never usually a problem here in Scotland. Many thanks for your helpful comments

I own a Madstad as well. Be sure of the hight you want! I started with a 20 inch, but moved to a 22. There's not nearly as much hight adjustment as you may think, but there's plenty of angle adjustment. I like to look just over the top of the screen and a shield hight standing straight up may be just the rite hight, layed back more I get smoother air, but now the shield is too short! Madstad pushes the shield further away from you and I think this makes finding smooth air a little more difficult as well. Overall I like mine, but wanted to throw out some personal observations.

I appreciate your honest feedback, I have decided on a Palmer product version which is made in Britain, very similar but a good bit cheaper. I think I need to accept that wind on on a bike is to be expected but this gives more options to reduce it but it won’t ever be a car.

I really like the Madstad screen. I originally bought the 18" but exchanged it for a 20" because the mirror mounts were contacting the edges of the 18" screen at full L and R turns. I also installed a 1" bar riser because the front brake lever came in contact with the winglet at full L turn.

Back