• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Made the upgrade from 700X DCT -750X DCT - Here's what you need to know.

Update-

U.S. riders- Has anyone else seen a big jump in insurance going up from the 700X to the 750X with the same policy amounts?
My liability-only policy doubled in price, from $102 to $291 when I replaced the old 700 DCT with the 750DCT. In CA we have to have every bike's VIN attached to the policy, even if it's just basic liability. I got a warning that I couldn't register my new bike without an insurance policy attached to the new VIN.
My old insurance company doesn't even offer coverage on the 750! So check with them first if you have full coverage and think they might have a different rate for the slightly bigger bike.

I was quoted an insane $2200/ year for full coverage! So went with liability only with Drive (Progressive) and so got hit with all the fees they charge for new policies.

I have had no issues with the new 750 so far. I keep having to put off trips due to all the smoke from the wildfires, so still don't have 1,000 miles on it yet. I have noticed no real improvement to the high speed ride quality over my 700. People are driving so fast on the freeways out here now, it pushes the 750 from a comfortable ride at 65-70mph to 75-80, which means more wind blast, harsher ride ( bumps are not as smooth at higher speeds) and worse mpg.
I also notice fewer people slowing down, thinking I'm a motorcycle officer, with the new, red bike!

Attachments

• 20200627_153538.jpg
    20200627_153538.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 9
I pay about $50 more for my ‘18 NC750C than I pay for my wife’s 2016 NC700x. Both have full coverage. My prices for full coverage are much closer to your liability only policies than your full coverage quote.

Each state has its own regulations so rates vary from state to state, further, within states the insurance rates vary by region (often by Zip code) based on risk factors.

Last edited:
Yes, always check with your insurance company to see what the rate on any new vehicle or policy change will be, but I think the point is that there should be zero difference in risk to the insurance company from the NC750X vs the NC700X.

Yes, always check with your insurance company to see what the rate on any new vehicle or policy change will be, but I think the point is that there should be zero difference in risk to the insurance company from the NC750X vs the NC700X.
If you are talking about liability only insurance then the difference should essentially be none but from year to year the risk pools may change, the regulations may change, etc. What should be "theoretically" the same may be muddled up by governmental regulations that force massive changes.

For complete coverage you are comparing new bike to an old bike that has depreciated (in addition to government regulation changes)

But again, we are dealing with state regulations which strictly regulate the insurance industry. In some states, like California, there can be dozens of factors that bump up the costs, because even basic coverage in that state may be very different than a basic coverage policy in a state like Kansas or Indiana. Homeowners policies and Health insurance policies in some states are much higher than other states for very much the same reasons, state regulations require specific coverage in one state that is not required in another, risk pools in one state are different than risk pools in another, etc etc etc

All of those things are typical insurance company excuses for exhorbitant rate increases, but they mainly dodge the NC700 vs NC750 issue.

If you don't like one insurance company's rates, get quotes from 5 or 10 other companies. Rates vary all over the place. If your present company raises your renewal, it's time to start shopping again.

Last edited:
If you don't like one insurance company's rates, get quotes from 5 or 10 other companies. Rates vary all over the place. If your present company raises your renewal, it's time to start shopping again.

It's painstaking, but it is a must to do this.

I am with Allstate and have full coverage plus underinsured motorist coverage on all vehicles and bikes. (no insurance on my track bike). I pay $175 monthly, which is $2100 annually for my truck, car, cruiser, and '16 NC700X. Several other companies I quoted with were easily double that. There's no such thing as brand loyalty in the insurance world. Shop around and only shop with reputable companies. Some "offbrand" insurance companies do sketchy business when it comes time to use your insurance, so I would avoid them and stick with big name companies, or at least through a reputable independent insurance agency that brokers policies through several companies.

It’s basically the same in the U.K. insurance is all related to risk - so come renewal time it’s onto the comparison websites to achieve a decent or better deal - don’t know about the USA however in the U.K. we can opt for an additional voluntary excess on our policy which brings the premium down but costs you if you have a serious accident - I totally agree in avoiding the “offbrand” insurance companies

I'm with State farm and since they lower my rate by around 5 percent a year, the policy on my car is not that bad and no one can beat it. But it has been over 20 years with that policy and they've never had to pay out for more than a windshield, and those don't count. The motorcycle is considered my primary vehicle by State Farm and both cars are driven less than 8000 miles a year so altogether for the 3 vehicles I'm paying less than $1000 a year for full coverage.

25 years ago when I bought a motorcycle I was with Allstate and they didn't insure motorcycles in the same division that the cars were insured. Their quote was so high that I looked around and that's when I went to State Farm. A couple of years ago I decided to see if I could find a better rate and couldn't, in fact Allstate was more than double what I'm paying now for all three vehicles and that was without the motorcycle!

I'm with State farm and since they lower my rate by around 5 percent a year, the policy on my car is not that bad and no one can beat it. But it has been over 20 years with that policy and they've never had to pay out for more than a windshield, and those don't count. The motorcycle is considered my primary vehicle by State Farm and both cars are driven less than 8000 miles a year so altogether for the 3 vehicles I'm paying less than $1000 a year for full coverage.

25 years ago when I bought a motorcycle I was with Allstate and they didn't insure motorcycles in the same division that the cars were insured. Their quote was so high that I looked around and that's when I went to State Farm. A couple of years ago I decided to see if I could find a better rate and couldn't, in fact Allstate was more than double what I'm paying now for all three vehicles and that was without the motorcycle!
Oh, man, the insurance discussion produces such a wide range of scenarios on coverages and premiums. There are so many variables that go in to premium pricing.

I feel fortunate that I can insure 10 of our vehicles, including a motorhome, for around the same price as I’ve seen just a single motorcycle policy cost in other parts of the country.

I've learned to look around every year even when I do not get an annual increase from the incumbent carrier. The competition may have changed rates or have lost business elsewhere and they are offering great rates to poach good customers with business that they want.

So I finally got to pick up my new 2018 NC750X DCT. I bought it back on June 2 and had some accessories installed. It was brand new with just 1 mile on it. Dealers here were given some of Honda's hold-backs from 2018. They still have 2 manuals at the dealership.
It's so nice finally having a power port inside the frunk.

This thread is going to cover the differences I'm seeing between the 2 bikes.

First thing is it's noticeably more powerful. Not a lot, just enough to feel the difference. Changing lanes on the freeway, it stayed in top gear but picked up enough speed to not get run over by the crazies going 75+. I would have downshifted on the 700 for that kind of burst of speed.

The ride height is higher on the new bike. Not sure if this is a difference in the suspension settings, or if the old bike's suspension was sagging. The ride feel is very similar, maybe a little smoother on the 750.

I was able to transplant my Honda rear carrier rack from my 700 to the 750. It's pretty easy, though one of the holes didn't line up well. Had to force things to get the bolts in. The new racks on my 750 transplanted easily to the old 700.

The windscreen on the 750 is the exact same size as on my 2016 700. Ridding home I attached one of the e-Bay clip-ons, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it kept the turbulence off my helmet. I did have earplugs in, so can't comment on the noise, which was awful on the 700 with just the stock windscreen. I transferred my Puig touring screen to the new 750. Any 2016+ 700 windscreen will fit a 2018 750 with the stock holes.

I had the dealer install the Honda handguards, but it's too warm to tell if they'll keep my hands warmer. They had to remove the stock weighted bar ends, and I wonder if that's why there is a bit of buzziness to the feel at about 73 mph. It's about the same as with my 700. They don't contact the stock nor the Puig windscreens at full lock.

My 3 year old Sargent seat easily transplanted from my 700 to the 750. It doesn't line up against the frunk completely flush, exactly as how it did on my 700, but that means it doesn't slope down as much as the stock seat.

The frunk on the new bike doesn't shut easily. I wonder if that's intentional so we don't accidentally lock our keys in there. But I really have to force it to get it to lock closed. If the lid falls down it's not enough to lock it, I have to push down on it.

Will report any other differences.
Your eBay clip on's........any make or model number?......I'd like to try one..

yea, my insurance for full coverage with Geico in southern Indiana is $53 per month total for 3 bikes..my 2007 C50 Boulevard, 2013 NC700x, and my 2009 Kawasaki KLX 250SF..I get full coverage not for the coverage of damage to my bikes, but for damage to me and damage to others which may occur and for uninsured motorists since according to insurance companies and the government 25% of drivers dont have coverage. I have $300,000 coverage for medical, property, etc......all states require motorists to have insurance but most states dont track it (like California)....I know drivers who get insurance so they can get new tags/stickers, but as soon as they get them, they cancel their policy so they dont get charged for the insurance....big loop hole...

Update-
I recently switched insurance back to Dairyland for pretty good savings, though I still have only liability.

The clip-on windscreen is sold through numerous eBay sellers. The quality isn't great and the plastic parts degrade quickly, but it's cheap and very useful.

I recently got a bigger Givi top box, going from the E370 Tech, which really is for just a full size helmet, to the bigger E450.
I also had removed my old bag from the bike and when it was sitting by my desk I saw something black fall off of it.
It wasn't a spider, it was one of the rubber things that go into the mounting plate.
I had found one of these by my bike a few years back but didn't know what it was!

Attachments

• 20200918_141613.jpg
    20200918_141613.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 3
  • top boxes.jpg
    top boxes.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20171011_173630.jpg
    20171011_173630.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 3
I know one thing, I'll never have liability insurance again, on ANYTHING. Thankfully I had full coverage when that old lady ran me off the road on my cruiser a couple months ago....Allstate is paying me more for that bike than I could have sold it for, and they are paying $1000 toward my medical bills, which is a huge help.

And back in 2017 when that asshole pulled out in front me and my ex wife, we t-boned him and then hit someone stopped at the stop sign across the road, his insurance wasn't worth a piss. Thankfully, as part of my full coverage plan, I had underinsured motorist coverage and after letting my lawyer handle that one, we came out smelling like a rose.

And even back further, we visit March 7th, 2010....when I crashed my sportbike that I only had liability on because I was a broke 23 year old and full coverage on a sportbike at that age is insane......I had $100/year liability.....which was nice until I totaled a $13k bike that I still owed over $8k on, lost a leg and racked up a ton of medical bills. I sold what was left of that bike for $1k.

Yeah, full coverage is worth it's weight in gold. As the old saying goes, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Last edited:
Yeah, full coverage is worth it's weight in gold. As the old saying goes, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
YUP, full coverage is the way to fly. Costs more. Worth it IF or WHEN you need it.

I know one thing, I'll never have liability insurance again, on ANYTHING. Thankfully I had full coverage when that old lady ran me off the road on my cruiser a couple months ago....Allstate is paying me more for that bike than I could have sold it for, and they are paying $1000 toward my medical bills, which is a huge help.

And back in 2017 when that asshole pulled out in front me and my ex wife, we t-boned him and then hit someone stopped at the stop sign across the road, his insurance wasn't worth a piss. Thankfully, as part of my full coverage plan, I had underinsured motorist coverage and after letting my lawyer handle that one, we came out smelling like a rose.

And even back further, we visit March 7th, 2010....when I crashed my sportbike that I only had liability on because I was a broke 23 year old and full coverage on a sportbike at that age is insane......I had $100/year liability.....which was nice until I totaled a $13k bike that I still owed over $8k on, lost a leg and racked up a ton of medical bills. I sold what was left of that bike for $1k.

People’s situations are different. If I am not at high risk for collision losses, I don’t want to pay into the risk pool and subsidize the claims for people that are; I’m better off to self insure. I probably have a couple free motorcycles sitting in my garage purchased with the money I’ve saved by never buying collision coverage.

As for you first sentence, “I know one thing, I'll never have liability insurance again, on ANYTHING”, our state requires liability coverage. Plus, the liability coverage limit is the determining factor in how much uninsured motorist coverage I can buy (Probably the most important coverage for a motorcyclist). I would recommend buying the highest level of liability offered.

As for you first sentence, “I know one thing, I'll never have liability insurance again, on ANYTHING”, our state requires liability coverage. ...
I may be wrong, but I presumed it a typo. That said, based on the context of his entire post, I believed he was saying that he will never have liability ONLY on his vehicles.

Plus, the liability coverage limit is the determining factor in how much uninsured motorist coverage I can buy (Probably the most important coverage for a motorcyclist). I would recommend buying the highest level of liability offered.
A plus is if your state allows stacking liability coverages from your auto policy you can get high limit uninsured motorist on a bike w/o having it on the bike policy.

People’s situations are different. If I am not at high risk for collision losses, I don’t want to pay into the risk pool and subsidize the claims for people that are; I’m better off to self insure. I probably have a couple free motorcycles sitting in my garage purchased with the money I’ve saved by never buying collision coverage.

As for you first sentence, “I know one thing, I'll never have liability insurance again, on ANYTHING”, our state requires liability coverage. Plus, the liability coverage limit is the determining factor in how much uninsured motorist coverage I can buy (Probably the most important coverage for a motorcyclist). I would recommend buying the highest level of liability offered.
Liability *only. Liability is a requirement by law here as well.

Back