• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering Links.

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone added them if so how much did you slide the forks up also, did you have to shorten the sidestand?

Where did you get them and how much?

40mm Lowering Links

Yup I added them. 30'' inseam here, shorty. I swapped in 40mm lowering links from a UK company, "Lust Racing" off ebay for 90ish plus shipping? (been long time, don't remember Price)

Forks up 1/2''

As for sidestand I have not shortened it yet. Looking at aftermarket adjustable. I have a S version center stand on the bike and it is working perfectly!

As for the stock sidestand it is much too long for the lowered bike. I have no idea how much to shorten it by.

Last edited:
I went with the Soupy's adjustable links and the adjustable side stand. (NC700X Lowering Links, NC700X Lowering Kit, NC700X Lowering Link, NC700X Adjustable Ride Height, NC700X Adjustable Kickstand, NC700X Shortened Sidestand).
The dealer that put them on for me said he lowered the bike 1" but I did not take a before and after measurement, so don't know. What I do know is that it made a wonderful difference. I'm 5-8 with 29 inseam and now it is easier to get on/off bike and I can flat foot comfortably and confidently. Dealer suggested I didn't need to lower the front, but to bring it back if I wanted to move the forks up. So far, I have not noticed any handling issues.

FWIW, it appears the stock links are 5-1/4" c-c. My Soupy link appears to be extended to 6." The adjustable side stand appears to be set approximately 1" shorter that stock. I measured underneath lowest part of engine and clearance is about 5-3/4" Under the rear suspension bearing, the clearance is about 5-1/4." I understand if I lowered the front too, that would further reduce clearance under the bike.

I'm curious the Lust or Kouba links are providing in the way of clearance?

I went with the Soupy's adjustable links and the adjustable side stand. (NC700X Lowering Links, NC700X Lowering Kit, NC700X Lowering Link, NC700X Adjustable Ride Height, NC700X Adjustable Kickstand, NC700X Shortened Sidestand).
The dealer that put them on for me said he lowered the bike 1" but I did not take a before and after measurement, so don't know. What I do know is that it made a wonderful difference. I'm 5-8 with 29 inseam and now it is easier to get on/off bike and I can flat foot comfortably and confidently. Dealer suggested I didn't need to lower the front, but to bring it back if I wanted to move the forks up. So far, I have not noticed any handling issues.

FWIW, it appears the stock links are 5-1/4" c-c. My Soupy link appears to be extended to 6." The adjustable side stand appears to be set approximately 1" shorter that stock. I measured underneath lowest part of engine and clearance is about 5-3/4" Under the rear suspension bearing, the clearance is about 5-1/4." I understand if I lowered the front too, that would further reduce clearance under the bike.

I'm curious the Lust or Kouba links are providing in the way of clearance?

Did you have issues with the headlight being too high? I assume that making the dogs longer lowers the bike, yes?

Thanks

So this winter I bought myself a used NC700x. I always thought that it was way to hard to get it up on the centerstand, and was always curious about the cast aluminum kickstand. Today when I was washing the bike I noticed that the rear suspension links looked like turnbuckles. After a little sleuthing I believe that my bike has the Soupy’s adjustable center link and adjustable kickstand kit.
So here is my problem, I am a six footer with a 33”inseam. I don’t really need my bike lowered. Does anyone know what stock length of the links would be? I figure maybe if I knew the distance between the bolts on centers, I could just adjust them to the correct length.
Tim

So this winter I bought myself a used NC700x. I always thought that it was way to hard to get it up on the centerstand, and was always curious about the cast aluminum kickstand. Today when I was washing the bike I noticed that the rear suspension links looked like turnbuckles. After a little sleuthing I believe that my bike has the Soupy’s adjustable center link and adjustable kickstand kit.
So here is my problem, I am a six footer with a 33”inseam. I don’t really need my bike lowered. Does anyone know what stock length of the links would be? I figure maybe if I knew the distance between the bolts on centers, I could just adjust them to the correct length.
Tim
With the stock links installed on the bike, I did my best to get an accurate measurement, and it looks like center to center it’s about 132.5 mm.

I have Soupy’s links on my CRF, and I think it’s a crappy product. If you could get a set of fixed OEM Honda links, I suggest ditching the Soupy’s and going back to stock.

Reactions: MZ5
I have the Soupy's links adjusted for 1.75" drop and have the forks dropped .9". I am using the center and side stands from the "S" model.

Back