• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering Links.............

Slo_Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Folks,

I have had some 'Soupys' lowering links sitting here for a few weeks and hope to put them on when my new centerstand
gets here sometime next week. I do understand that when I push the bike off the centerstand that might be the last time I can easily use the stock centerstand, if I can use it at all.

The instructions specifically say not to adjust them before they are mounted but.......has anybody ever done that?

If I carefully adjust them sitting in front of me I am not worried about adjusting one more than the other. Is there another issue I haven't thought of?

Also, for anybody who has them installed on a 750x DCT, did you need to make them very long to lower the bike about an inch to an inch and a half?

And yes, I have read virtually all the other threads on lowering but can't seem to find answers to these questions.

Thanks for any input you are willing to offer.

Slo_Rider

Last edited:
I never tried it, I think you can roll the rear wheel up on a board and make it easier to lift a lowered bike onto the standard centerstand.

I installed Soupy’s links on my CRF and discovered that their published instructions are severely lacking. I see why they have a big restocking fee because many people would probably return them upon seeing the build quality and poor instructions, but they seem to be the only viable adjustable option. Anyway, I don’t see why you can’t adjust them before installation, as long as you count the number of flats turned, and be sure the joints are aligned after you tighten them. The amount of adjustment needed will be very small compared to the amount of lowering desired. I don’t know the ratio of link length vs suspension change for the NC. Since you won’t know how much to preadjust them, you might as well do it after they’re mounted.

I don’t know about the NC, but on the CRF they supplied a longer bolt. Another Soupy’s fail is that they don’t give a torque spec for their suspension hardware, a serious omission for a suspension component.

Last edited:
Lowering Links.......

670cc,

Thanks. I had not thought about the torque specification, but I suppose I could use the same value Honda calls for, but I was suprised at the need for 'Red' loctite.

Guess you need to get it right the first time.....

If any other thoughts come up please don't hesitate to mention anything.

Slo_Rider

I have a pair of fixed lowering links on mine and I can still put the bike on the centerstand, although it is a bit more difficult. Mine is lowered just a little over an inch. As 670 said, rolling the back tire onto something like a board, does make it easier. So, all will not be lost if that is the case for you.

I put a different number on each flat surface of the link on each side after I confirm what direction they will go on so numbers point the same way like 2 point toward ground on both links when installed also make sure you number them in the correct direction. Then from then on, both links have to have same number pointing down and never get out of sync. I really hate soupy's kickstand due to the foot is too pointy and digs into everything.

Lowering Link.......

2wheels4fun,

That strikes me as a great idea, and sadly not one I would not have thought of.

If you are passing your bike in the next few days....and it is easy.....I would love to know how long your bike's lowering links are.

Slo_Rider

Last edited:
Back