• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lower footpegs - what about rear brake lever?

omniphil

Reaction score
Visit site
The NC brake pedal won't adjust low enough even the version with ~1" drop of those footpegs if you want to have a relaxed stance with the toes above the pedal. But it's close enough. The NC doesn't have much range of adjustment for the foot brake. The eBay vendor I bought from would sell the part to convert over from one drop to the other for the footpegs.

The NC brake pedal won't adjust low enough even the version with ~1" drop of those footpegs if you want to have a relaxed stance with the toes above the pedal. But it's close enough. The NC doesn't have much range of adjustment for the foot brake. The eBay vendor I bought from would sell the part to convert over from one drop to the other for the footpegs.

I'm not too keen on the way the adjustment brackets stick out further either, i'll just remove the lowering bracket and just run them standard then. Gotta have good brake control over comfort.

I looked at drop pegs.

I looked at the adjustment on the brake.

I think it might be reasonable to do about a 1" drop.

I did the same thing but it works great for me since I have size 13 boots. I like the brake being above when I am cruising and I am on the balls of my feet while cornering as the lowered footpegs will now scrape the ground on a quick turn. I would suggest taking the brake lever to a welder shop and having them weld a lowering extension on the brake lever. A good fabrication shop would not charge much for this but I am loving mine with the brake sitting up a bit

I did the same thing but it works great for me since I have size 13 boots. I like the brake being above when I am cruising and I am on the balls of my feet while cornering as the lowered footpegs will now scrape the ground on a quick turn. I would suggest taking the brake lever to a welder shop and having them weld a lowering extension on the brake lever. A good fabrication shop would not charge much for this but I am loving mine with the brake sitting up a bit

Hmmm, I like the welding idea. Yeah, that can't be too hard at all for someone...

Yeah, the 1" drop with the shape of those pegs is not likely to be grinding on the pavement, but I wonder about 2" ; }

Mine are dropped 1.5 inches and they are rubbing pavement on hard turns. I can't even use all of my tire before they start to scrape but its not a track bike and rarely need to get that low so it hasn't really been an issue, just a little terrifying the first time you feel that lol

I bought Knights Design lowered footpegs which are 1.25 inches lower than stock. They are milled from one piece of aluminum. I haven't experienced any difficulty with reaching the brake pedal or shift lever and they have very helpful.

I just installed some nice lowering foot pegs. They work great to stretch my legs down a bit further. Might be about a 2 inch drop as far as I can tell.
However now the rear brake level is up way too high. Are there any aftermarket levers that sit down lower, its definitely awkward to use the rear brake now.

For reference...
I use the same pegs and configured them for as low and far forward as I could then I adjusted the break leaver down (it still sits 1/2" higher than I would like).

I just installed some nice lowering foot pegs. They work great to stretch my legs down a bit further. Might be about a 2 inch drop as far as I can tell.
However now the rear brake level is up way too high. Are there any aftermarket levers that sit down lower, its definitely awkward to use the rear brake now.

For reference...

I dropped my pegs 40mm using "the same" pegs.
There is adjustment in brake lever ht. Just awkward to get at.

Back