• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lovely week end trip

tanserf

Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride and sleep over with hubby on his Tiger 800 to visit our daughter in the Drakensberg. Lovely weather, took a new route, R56 through Ixopo to Underberg, instead of the norm R617, for those in the know. Lovely ride and a better road. I hit a best of 3l/100km on the Honda, hubby came second(for a change!) with a laudable 3.9km/l! We tried to stick to the speed limit(also for a change) as far as we could, which is 100km/h.
here also a pick or 2. The painting is my daughter's, done for school art 5 years ago. Little did she know then that she will be working in the same area! Lovely weekend.

Attachments

• gis visit 1S.jpg
    gis visit 1S.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 202
  • gis visit 014.jpg
    gis visit 014.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 175
  • gis visit 018.jpg
    gis visit 018.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 156
  • gis visit 033.jpg
    gis visit 033.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 212
Your daughter is a talented artist! I would be interested to see the photograph that she modeled it after, if there is one.

It is also nice to see the NC700 'off-road' if even for a little while. What was your fuel mileage for the trip?

Hello Poot,
the lovely thing about where we live, is that we are just 2 hours away from a World Heritage Site, uKhahlamba/Drakensberg and that is where she painted it.
I got 3l/100km or 78,4 US MPG for the trip, according to Fuelly, my best tank so far! Very impressed with that. Another photo, still the same mountain range.
Keep well

Attachments

• 220px-Cathedral_Valley.jpg
    220px-Cathedral_Valley.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 143
Hello Transerf, just to say thanks for the wonderful images. What a beautiful area! We've just moved back down to England after 16 yrs in the Scottish Borders. We miss the Scottish roads and scenery but not the summer rain and snowy winters.

You got grips protection / wind visors on your bike. Can you please give us some close up picture of the mounting and where you got those protectors (name/brand/model/make or what is available.)

3l/100km = 78.4 Miles per U.S. Gallon

Were you using straight gasoline?.......or gasoline with up to 15 percent ethanol?

Here in the U.S. up to 15 percent ethanol can be added to gasoline, and that reduces the miles per gallon.

Hi everyone
firstly,thanks for all the replies. Here in SA we do not add ethanol to our gas yet, but are aware of the practice elsewhere. My hubbies company recently finished an ethanol extraction plant in Zim, from sugar cane. Secondly, the hand guards are BarkBusters off my hubbies Tiger, he is getting replacements after a run in with a car. The damage is from his fall. Very sturdy stuff.
We are planning a trip to our Wild Coast at the end of April, may have to do some extensive off tarmac riding, will take some pics!
Then finally, a nice video for all to enjoy, showing the spirit of our beloved NC700X. Enjoy!
Honda NC700X riding - YouTube

Attachments

• guards 006.jpg
    guards 006.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 207
  • guards 007.jpg
    guards 007.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 193
  • guards 008.jpg
    guards 008.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 192
  • guards 011.jpg
    guards 011.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 182
Perfect! Thank you for the pics.
Sorry about your hubbie, but he managed ok after the car incident? I hope so.

We up in the north won't have a bike riding day today, sorry to say...

DSC_1079.JPG

DSC_1080.JPG

DSC_1081.JPG

This is what greeted us this morning...

Last edited:
Hi Christian,
your summer is obviously a bit late, but for the bikers, we hope it comes soon! A sight like this is so unusual for us, I'm on the wrong side of 40, and have never seen snow!
Talk soon!

SuperMek, one good thing to note from these pictures is that your bike is safely in the garage! You will be riding soon enough, that only seems like a light dusting!

Hi all
It became 25 degrees C today!
Tomorrow I will be installing my topcase (compliments from the bike shop from whom I bought the NCX) and then I will go a few KM with it.

Sorry to see the snow in SWE.
:p

Back