• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Louder Horn & cut down windscreen

Juan_Banjovy

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a Fiamm 72112 low tone snail horn for my Suzuki VStrom but never installed it & decided to put it on my Honda. Much louder. Sounds like a car horn. Actually it is. Didn't need a relay because I didn't pair it with a high tone horn. Easy to install, just had to cut that white zip tie on the frame for the wires to reach. Used the same mounting bracket & the wires clipped right on. It would look better installed behind the front cowl & I'll eventually do that but for now I have a useable horn. The back of it was silver & I blackened it with a Sharpie marker so it sort of blends with the black frame. I'll try to drop in a pic here. Also I removed the windscreen & found that lowered wind noise but looked a little odd so I cut the stock screen down to the top of the mounts & put it back on. Might have time to ride tomorrow & see if it's just as quiet. Did the same on the Suzuki awhile back. IMG_0272.jpg Pic rotated 90 degrees. Does that sometimes. I just noticed my neoprene fork boots slid up. Oops. (fixed it)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting about the horn. I am less than 2 months in with my NC, and I have made some changes to the bike, and the horn was next on my list. I am goimg to order the Fiamm and give it a shot.

I learned the wires reach if the horn is pointed to the right but I wanted it pointed down & the wires were a little short. You'll see a white zip tie on the lower right of the frame where the wires go through. I removed it & got enough slack to reach the horn when pointed down. Here's a closer pic. IMG_0271.jpg

I've had the FIAMM horn on my bike for about 4 years and think it is a good compromise between a super loud horn and the beep-beep original. The one on my bike is pointed to the right.

I put a snail horn on my NCX and at first it pointed out to the right too, then I found that if you grab the plastic snail part and twist it, you can point it in any direction you want as the plastic snail part just snaps onto the base. My horn isn't a FIAMM, YMMV.

Good move on the windscreen. I did that to mine a few years back. Yesterday I rode around 500 kilometres with a givi larger screen and the noise was horrendous. I'll be putting the short screen back on soon.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

If it's still loud or you get buffeting, some cheap mirror extenders tend to fix most of that on this bike. You can get them from China on Ebay for very cheap

I got a Fiamm 72112 low tone snail horn for my Suzuki VStrom but never installed it & decided to put it on my Honda. Much louder. Sounds like a car horn. Actually it is. Didn't need a relay because I didn't pair it with a high tone horn. Easy to install, just had to cut that white zip tie on the frame for the wires to reach. Used the same mounting bracket & the wires clipped right on. It would look better installed behind the front cowl & I'll eventually do that but for now I have a useable horn. The back of it was silver & I blackened it with a Sharpie marker so it sort of blends with the black frame. I'll try to drop in a pic here. Also I removed the windscreen & found that lowered wind noise but looked a little odd so I cut the stock screen down to the top of the mounts & put it back on. Might have time to ride tomorrow & see if it's just as quiet. Did the same on the Suzuki awhile back. View attachment 38439 Pic rotated 90 degrees. Does that sometimes. I just noticed my neoprene fork boots slid up. Oops. (fixed it)
[emoji1360]
cd29fc891b9b3c7d395b1e873e979174.jpg

I learned the wires reach if the horn is pointed to the right but I wanted it pointed down & the wires were a little short. You'll see a white zip tie on the lower right of the frame where the wires go through. I removed it & got enough slack to reach the horn when pointed down. Here's a closer pic. View attachment 38440
[emoji1360]
8a562687a471bbe13c0e0268cb8889ae.jpg

I have less noise from the new Parabellum screen then i did with the 20" MadStad,... BONUS(very pleased with the new Parabellum)! :{)

I took it off. Didn't really like the way it looked & sort of a grayish beige color. I got the bike last month, new leftover & only had time to put 451 miles on it so far. Surgery tomorrow so after today I won't ride again before August. I love this bike. Torquey & nimble, unlike my VStrom 650.

I took it off. Didn't really like the way it looked & sort of a grayish beige color. I got the bike last month, new leftover & only had time to put 451 miles on it so far. Surgery tomorrow so after today I won't ride again before August. I love this bike. Torquey & nimble, unlike my VStrom 650.
Good luck with the surgery, I'm hoping your recovery goes quicker then expected

Back