• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lost my 2.5 mile commute...`

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
...so now its back to 1000 miles a month on my NC. I have missed my bike over the last few months but she has sat and waited patiently for me to come back. Time to ride.

Someone posted in another thread awhile back that it's only 5 miles to work but for some reason it takes almost 50 miles to get home. I thought that was great!

Crappy Seattle spring weather on the ride this morning but she purred like a kitten except to reminded me that her chain needed a lube after sitting for the last couple months. It was a wonderful ride.

When asking for directions - Is that the longest way to get there?? ( I actually borrowed that from an old BMW ad)

When I lived in Illinois I had a 10 minute commute on my CBR1000RR but he last half mile was a straight strech on a country road. When I turned that last corner I used to give that bike all it had and would normally get up around 100MPH before having to let off the throttle. Get my little adrenline rush in before stepping foot in the house.

Then I moved to Decatur, IL. Another 10 minute ride with thirteen stop lights along the way but if I timed it right I could get through most of them at 5AM in the moring. I always took the long route home.

Then I moved to Arkansas where I now have a 30 minute ride to work and three possible routes. 30 minutes is about perfect. Doesn't take me forever to get home and I get a decent litle ride.

Back