• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lorelai comes home (new 2018 NC750x)

Gripanimal

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, we name all of our vehicles. Bought my 750x today! I went with a 2018 because I fell in love with the red, and this one was new with only 9 miles. Shout out to Mavrix Motorsports in Middletown NY. Great experience there. Chose to rent a UHaul pickup with motorcycle trailer and drive from Springfield MA to NY to pick her up. The only difficulty was finding appropriate places to run the straps. She's resting comfortably in the backyard shed. I have a long list of farkle, this will take a while. While slightly mechanically inclined, I have never done any wiring on vehicles. I'm leaning towards a fusebox off of the accessory plug for powered extras, or positaps when needed.

This forum has been a great place to research all of my (un)anticipated needs. Thank you to all who contribute. I hope I can add to the knowledge base here, or at least the experience base.

Attachments

• 20210116_100319.jpg
    20210116_100319.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 60
  • 20210116_103821.jpg
    20210116_103821.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20210116_103838.jpg
    20210116_103838.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 56
  • 20210116_104458.jpg
    20210116_104458.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 57
  • 20210116_103850.jpg
    20210116_103850.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 20210116_104509.jpg
    20210116_104509.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 57
Thanks Janus! I like being the fastest, but I've heard Blue stops quicker...

Ordered the following accessories, and made the credit card company question my activities...

Skene Decelerometer
Extenda Fender
Puig Rear Mudguard
Nemo 2 Chain Oiler
Oxford Scoot XD5 Disc Lock
Blueskysea DV688 Dashcam
T-Rex Racing Skid Plate
T-Rex Racing Radiator Guard

Once the credit card balance is back to zero, I want to add the following:

T-Rex Racing Crash Bar
T-Rex Racing Luggage Rack
Denali Fender Lights
Front fork protectors
Oxford Heated Grips
SW Motech Handguards with LED Blinkers

Enough for one day. Why am I not watching football?????

Thanks, Alias and Bullitt!

Not much gas in the tank, coming from a dealer. No true gas to speak of in Western Massachusetts, so I opted to purchase some Sta-Bil 360 and a five-gallon gas can. Let her warm up a bit, then ran her up the street a little. She's still unregistered, so didn't venture far.

My first impression: coming off a gixxer 750, the revs feel freaky low. Both 750's, but what a different feeling. The dash is very busy. I love having a gear indicator, turn signal arrows, and a dimmable display. Mirrors seem adequate. One initial dislike: the handgrips are thin. I have large hands. Will look for a solution to that. Overall, very happy for an albeit very short ride.

Congratulations on the purchase!

When it comes to shift points, you’ll need to forget everything you know about the gixxer 750. Take advantage of the low RPM power and don’t try to wring it out. If you go looking for power way up high, it ain’t there. Enjoy what the engine offers and don’t expect the NC to be something it isn‘t.

Enjoy!

670cc... thanks! That's exactly why I got rid of the gixxer. I need a serious commuter, not a toy. I've listened to youtubers describe the shift points, and feeling it for myself, I fully concur. My goal is seriously high mpg's, so I know this is what I want.

Got mine last week, I had a choice of the 2018 red or the 2019 blue. Picked the red because of the silver wheels and trim. I have added the GIVI Dolomiti panniers, GIVI windscreen, and Honda center stand. Givi crash bars are on their way Fedex. Purchased the Honda hand guards but they don't work with the GIVI screen so I have them for sale. Congratulations and enjoy, spring is just around the corner, I hope.

Attachments

• 2018NC750x.jpg
    2018NC750x.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 19
Thanks, Jack! Like you, I always thought the red popped more than the others. I would have settled for a blue if necessary, didn't want a black. I have had the 2018 as my computer wallpaper for two years now. A dream come true!

I have delivery confirmation on all the accessories I ordered except for Skene. Massachusetts has their very own lovely RMV form that the dealer has to fill out, so title and registration is on hold until probably next week. I went with T-Rex for the skid plate because I know it will work with their crash bar. I thought the Givi crash bar didn't provide enough protection, and the R-Gaza was too big and stuck out too far, at least for a street bike. The T-Rex looks a bit boxy in pictures, but I think the size is right. I also went with SW Motech for the handguards because the LED turn signals look so much better than Barkbuster or any other. I like the way they seamlessly integrate into the handguard, and can be easily seen from the side. Yes, they cost a good bit more, but my wife wants me as safe as possible. At least, that's my excuse.

I will not ride without a dashcam, and I think the decelerometer is a fantastic piece of tech. Ride safe and have a blast!!

Yes, we name all of our vehicles. Bought my 750x today! I went with a 2018 because I fell in love with the red, and this one was new with only 9 miles. Shout out to Mavrix Motorsports in Middletown NY. Great experience there. Chose to rent a UHaul pickup with motorcycle trailer and drive from Springfield MA to NY to pick her up. The only difficulty was finding appropriate places to run the straps. She's resting comfortably in the backyard shed. I have a long list of farkle, this will take a while. While slightly mechanically inclined, I have never done any wiring on vehicles. I'm leaning towards a fusebox off of the accessory plug for powered extras, or positaps when needed.

This forum has been a great place to research all of my (un)anticipated needs. Thank you to all who contribute. I hope I can add to the knowledge base here, or at least the experience base.
Congratulations on your new ride. I love my ‘20 DCT after years of BMWs. Take a look at Eastern Beaver https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/HondaNC750/hondanc750.html for wiring solutions. A Canadian that lives in Japan his work is spot on and more than reasonable.

Congratulations on your new ride. I love my ‘20 DCT after years of BMWs. Take a look at Eastern Beaver https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/HondaNC750/hondanc750.html for wiring solutions. A Canadian that lives in Japan his work is spot on and more than reasonable.
Thanks! I love the NC as much as anyone can love a bike in storage. At least I put two miles on it first.

I almost bought a used DCT at a great price, but the valves were too chatty for me for 6,000 miles. Would have liked to experience that. I've looked at BMWs. What made you move away from yours to Honda? More than just DCT?

Eastern Beaver came up a lot in some threads. After checking their website, I'm leaning towards the 6P off the accessory plug, going to a fuse block. The SW Motech turn signals will have positaps to the stock wires, the other electric accessories will run off the fuse block. I may put a timer on the fuse block so I have a chance to start the bike before the accessories kick on.

Last edited:
Thanks! I love the NC as much as anyone can love a bike in storage. At least I put two miles on it first.

I almost bought a used DCT at a great price, but the valves were too chatty for me for 6,000 miles. Would have liked to experience that. I've looked at BMWs. What made you move away from yours to Honda? More than just DCT?

Eastern Beaver came up a lot in some threads. After checking their website, I'm leaning towards the 6P off the accessory plug, going to a fuse block. The SW Motech turn signals will have positaps to the stock wires, the other electric accessories will run off the fuse block. I may put a timer on the fuse block so I have a chance to start the bike before the accessories kick on.
BMW’s are very nice bikes, state of the art in most cases; also terribly complicated and expensive to own. Hondas are, well, Hondas. Love the DCT as it allows me to focus more on my riding and I still have full control of the bike.

Make sure you have the Honda accessory relay installed (doesn’t come stock :(!!!! ) as it powers the accessory plug.

Good luck, spring is coming.

I've stayed away from BMWs, bikes and cars, because of cost.

Eastern Beaver sells the relay and fuse to get it all going. My next purchase, and soon.

Edit: Why wait? Ordered the PC-8 fuseblock, 6P aux connector with leads, relay, fuse, and dual lock strips. Now I just need to decide where to mount the fuseblock. Suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:
I've stayed away from BMWs, bikes and cars, because of cost.

Eastern Beaver sells the relay and fuse to get it all going. My next purchase, and soon.

Edit: Why wait? Ordered the PC-8 fuseblock, 6P aux connector with leads, relay, fuse, and dual lock strips. Now I just need to decide where to mount the fuseblock. Suggestions are welcome!
I mounted in the bottom of the Frunk.

Congratulations on the new arrivals.

First thing I'd advise you new guys to do is move to where January is smack dab in the middle of prime riding season. Save farkling for summer afternoons after a short ride in the cool of morning.

Frunk is my first option for mounting the fusebox, but I would like to keep space for my helmet if possible. Since its mostly for commuting, I would prefer to not carry my helmet around work.

And don't think I haven't thought about moving. These New England winters can get to a person after a few decades.

A small 4 circuit Bussman fuse block like the 15600-04-20 just fits above the battery. You'll have to add a ground post but that was easy - drilled a hole in one corner of the thing and used a 8-32 or 10-24 machine screw nutted down to fix in place. "Small" fuse blocks like the Centech AP-1 are still too large to fit in that space but placing the fuse block in the battery compartment made sense to me. Some owners have installed an AP-1 or similar in the handbook compartment in the floor of the frunk. Others use the wasted space in each side of the fairing just ahead of the frunk. I put two Fiamm Hi/Lo horns in those spaces. Sounded very much like a 1958 Buick. Makes people texting and driving spill their coffee!

Congratulations on the new arrivals.

First thing I'd advise you new guys to do is move to where January is smack dab in the middle of prime riding season. Save farkling for summer afternoons after a short ride in the cool of morning.
I didn't plan it like this, but all of my major service intervals occur in the dead of winter. Those in the Midwest may not think it happens here in the Pacific Northwest, but it's not very warm in my unheated garage.

Winter seems like prime wrenching weather for me. Whether or not I like it

Back