• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lorelai comes home (new 2018 NC750x)

I've stayed away from BMWs, bikes and cars, because of cost.

Eastern Beaver sells the relay and fuse to get it all going. My next purchase, and soon.

Edit: Why wait? Ordered the PC-8 fuseblock, 6P aux connector with leads, relay, fuse, and dual lock strips. Now I just need to decide where to mount the fuseblock. Suggestions are welcome!
The battery compartment is the most logical but not very big. Instead of a fuzeblock I bought Eastern Beaver’s fused relay package, that way I could spread them out in the compartment. One direct connection, three relayed connections - should cover any farkles I could possibly want.

I didn't plan it like this, but all of my major service intervals occur in the dead of winter. Those in the Midwest may not think it happens here in the Pacific Northwest, but it's not very warm in my unheated garage.

Winter seems like prime wrenching weather for me. Whether or not I like it
What are your typical PNW temps in the winter? I'm concerned about plastic pieces snapping during our winters in Massachusetts. Tomorrow's high is 26F.

I have the same bike. Bought it used with 1,300 miles on it. Put over 6k miles on it since July. Great bikes. Need new tires now. Original Bridgestones are down to the wear indicators. Picked up a set of battery operated heated gloves to go along with Barkbuster "Blizzard" handguards, that I had to mod to fit the bike.

2018NC750.jpg

I have the same bike. Bought it used with 1,300 miles on it. Put over 6k miles on it since July. Great bikes. Need new tires now. Original Bridgestones are down to the wear indicators. Picked up a set of battery operated heated gloves to go along with Barkbuster "Blizzard" handguards, that I had to mod to fit the bike.
What a great looking bike. Love the Red! I haven't decided on panniers yet. Those Givis look pretty sweet.

What a great looking bike. Love the Red! I haven't decided on panniers yet. Those Givis look pretty sweet.
Mine is also red. Red is the fastest color!

Screen_Shot_2020-04-27_at_5.03.02_PM.png

Red and silver matching luggage... very nice!!
Hepco & Becker ‘Gobi’ is tough as nails and using DUPLICOLOR paint is easy to color match to your bike.

FWIW my wife has Givi V35 luggage. It’s pretty nice. But I don’t think it’s as well made or as durable as the H&B Gobi. But her V35 side cases look very nice on the bike and have proven themselves to be waterproof

eF4142rATqSZitEkhL7S2A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_78da.jpg

Screen_Shot_2020-04-28_at_7.53.55_AM.png

Last edited:
Love the H&B's, but the cost is somewhat prohibitive. If I was planning to do a lot of traveling, they would be top of the list. Come spring, I'll just be commuting 92 miles a day. I may end up with some luggage for winter gear.

Ordered the following accessories, and made the credit card company question my activities...

Skene Decelerometer
Extenda Fender
Puig Rear Mudguard
Nemo 2 Chain Oiler
Oxford Scoot XD5 Disc Lock
Blueskysea DV688 Dashcam
T-Rex Racing Skid Plate
T-Rex Racing Radiator
All of the accessories have arrived, except for the Eastern Beaver stuff which I just ordered. When the temperature hits 40F, I'll start installing. For now, they are blending in with the living room decor (my wife is very understanding!)

Love the H&B's, but the cost is somewhat prohibitive. If I was planning to do a lot of traveling, they would be top of the list. Come spring, I'll just be commuting 92 miles a day. I may end up with some luggage for winter gear.
Search eBay for H&B. I got my cases from Europe, with shipping, for 1/2 the price it would have cost to get them here in the USA. I did use a US supplier for the mounting rack.

Can one look too hard for something as insignificant as a keychain? Yes, one can. I can't relate why I was so obsessed with finding the perfect keychain. Seems absolutely ridiculous to invest so much time scouring the web for "the one". And yet, here I hold in my hands exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, what I had pictured in my head, and had hoped for. It arrived today, and my day is absolutely complete. It is astoundingly beautiful.

Link: Honda Motorcycle Keychain (mafiamugs.com)

Attachments

• Honda keychain.jpg
    Honda keychain.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Yes, we name all of our vehicles. Bought my 750x today! I went with a 2018 because I fell in love with the red, and this one was new with only 9 miles. Shout out to Mavrix Motorsports in Middletown NY. Great experience there. Chose to rent a UHaul pickup with motorcycle trailer and drive from Springfield MA to NY to pick her up. The only difficulty was finding appropriate places to run the straps. She's resting comfortably in the backyard shed. I have a long list of farkle, this will take a while. While slightly mechanically inclined, I have never done any wiring on vehicles. I'm leaning towards a fusebox off of the accessory plug for powered extras, or positaps when needed.

This forum has been a great place to research all of my (un)anticipated needs. Thank you to all who contribute. I hope I can add to the knowledge base here, or at least the experience base.
It is spelled Lorelei....

Once the credit card balance is back to zero, I want to add the following:

T-Rex Racing Crash Bar
T-Rex Racing Luggage Rack
Denali Fender Lights
Front fork protectors
Oxford Heated Grips
SW Motech Handguards with LED Blinkers

Enough for one day. Why am I not watching football?????
Got a call from my insurance agent. The RMV had kicked back my title/registration for two missing signatures. Did that yesterday. Tags in a week or two.

All of the first group of accessories had arrived, and are paid for. So I had to go nuts again (including an email from the credit card company, again, asking if it was really me). Worked on the second set of accessories. So the above is on order, plus a T-Rex center stand, Eastern Beaver fuse block and accessory plug, grip puppies, slack adjuster, and laser monkey.

I haven't seen T-Rex mentioned a lot on here, but I liked the look and size of their crash bars better than the Givi (too small) or R-Gaza (too wide). So it made sense to go with their engine guard and center stand, they all should work together... Their luggage rack was available with a Givi case, so I got the 32 liter (I'm gonna need somewhere to store all the winter riding gear). The only other thing I saw from T-Rex was highway pegs, but I'm not paying $120 unless I can't find cheaper/just as good.

The Laser Monkey from Tru-Tension looked quite useful. Their Chain Monkey, well, ok, maybe. But a facebook ad from BPS Racing popped up one day, and I liked their slack adjuster better, so I went with that one. First time in 11 years that I ever bought from a facebook ad.

The credit cards are smoking again. Oy Vey, and I'm not even Jewish.

I will need some cold weather riding gear. Trying to decide what ATGATT means for me. Gloves with palm sliders. Jacket with elbow, shoulder, spine protection. Legs? Knee and hip protection? I'll be wearing my composite toe Redwing work boots most of the time.

Back