• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

looking for street only tyres good on wet

W

wildeone

since my tkc80 are almost done and I don't use nc750x offroad anymore looking for
not too expensive street only tyres. Commute and touring plus good on wet tarmac.
Some which don't last 2k miles but much more :) can suggest something?

Bridgestone T30 Evo great in the rain.

Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4 are good wet tires too. T30s are much cheaper in the USA.

Pilot Road 4's are supposed to be one of the wet traction street tires. I've ridden in the rain and they felt great.

thanks guys, looks like PR4 is quite popular. Got to check them.
Do you use wider rear tyre then stock or the same? My tkc80 rear was 150/70
and they look better that way.

p.s.
they're more expensive then my tkc80 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with stock size Michelin PR4's
120/70 17 FRONT
160/60 17 REAR

Last edited:
Had a local dealer mount one of these on my rear rim. Had it priced at 132.00. Just put it back on the bike tonight along with new sprockets and chain and took it for a test ride. I sure like it so far in the dry. Took it easy on the switchbacks and felt real smooth and predictable. Previous tires were pr4 in 2014 and pr3 in2015. Rain coming soon so I'll see how they handle.
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Rear Tire - Motorcycle Superstore

I never liked the Metzler that came on the NC. It did not give good feedback at higher lean angles and was not a confidence inspiring tire. It gave average tread life of about 7500 miles, on the rough surfaces common to the area I live in. The Conti motion was a huge improvement in feedback, and lasted about the same as the Metzler. I have a CBR500 that came with Dunlop Roadsmart II's. An excellent tire for that bike and I will probably stay with it. It feels very planted in a straight line and gives great feedback. It is also a dual compound tire, so hopefully the tread life will be good. The Dunlop is about $40 more than the Conti motion.

I'll stick with Pirelli Angel GT which easily last for 10,000 miles (on a FJR1300, so on the NC even more miles).
Never had any grip issues, even in flushy wet conditions.
Probably a bit more expensive than other brands but with a tiny contact surface on the road, what's your life worth...

Michelin PR4 has worked great for me year round in any condition even rain I drive pretty aggressive just stay off the lane paint and I've got great traction and they last a long time

Back