• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Look at the types of roads we have over here....

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Oh dear, just look at what we have to "put up with" over here in the mountains....

"poorly designed", unstraight, undulating, twisty, treacherous roads....oh yeah. :eek:

turini.jpg

looks like mostly switchbacks. Here we get nice sweeping turns with very few switchbacks. Great for dragging pegs above 2nd gear.

How many months out of the year are those roads rideable?

I would love to ride in the Alps one day...

This rural road near Sunol California (Welch Creek Road off Calaveras) is beautifully paved and a world away from nearby freeway traffic. Only about 10 feet wide with no lines, guard rails, or shoulder. it climbs at a 20 degree slope with free roaming cows and with blind corners. It's an absolute slow speed blast!!image.jpg

Never been riding there... but here is a short loop I'd LOVE to do: I-680 S to Alum Rock Ave - Google Maps

Looks really exciting!!! I love the little "yellow man" in the Google maps! I travel the world with him :) Highly recommend if you still did not try...

If anyone has a video of it - please, share!

Pabaldeagle, I think it's in your neck of the woods, no?

Last edited:
Icing777, I HAVE ridden that route, only in the other direction (Mines to Tesla to the top of Mount Hamilton and the Lick Observatory then back on surface roads). It is THE ride that sells motorcycles in Nothern California (well, Hwy 1 along the coast does that, but this is in my back yard). Roads like they used to be (no pot holes), edge-of-the-world overlook cliffs, twists and turns, sun and shadow, and rarely a car. I shot this video Honda NC700X DCT - Livermore California - YouTube of just the first 8 miles. [NOTE: this was my first video, excuse the orientation and fact it does not play on iPhone or iPad - I got cute and used the word 'copyright' in the credits]

The ride before that, I wondered who spilled flour on the road, only to feel my rear end fishtale a bit and realize it was ice! Those steep east facing canyons don't see the sun. The ride takes a good 3-4 hours and I absolutely love how the DCT in Sport mode handles the turns. Rolling back on the throttle triggers a downshift while the sharpest turns require a quick bent thumb flick to bite down even further then a trigger finger flick to force the up shift. Man, making me hungry for another trip!

Last edited:
Back