• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lit Motors San Francisco

First I've ever heard of it. Definitely looks interesting. I wouldn't want to be a passenger in it though! I bet the gyroscope would be chewing up battery charge even while parked though, unless they used a stand of some sort.

I have a friend that would definitely be interested in something like this. He has been toying with the idea of making his own with three wheels.
If this can get close to 100 mpg at highway speeds it should do well. Heck if the NCX had this wrapped around it, it should be able to get 100 mpg.

Ok a little more digging. Lit Motors FAQ
What are the basic specs of the C-1?

The C-1 will have a top speed of 100+ mph (160+ kph), 0-60 mph (0-100 kph) in <6 seconds, and a range of 200 miles (320 km) per charge. Dimensions: 800 lbs. (360 kg) curb weight, 112″ (2.8 m) long, 55″ (1.4 m) tall, 40″ (1 m) wide.

http://litmotors.com/reserve/
Reserve your C-1 for as little as $250 USD.

The 2014 C-1 is estimated to cost as low as $19,900 USD after federal tax incentives. Your price may be lower depending on state incentives; details will be released as we near production.

Too much for me!

Last edited:
I have a friend that would definitely be interested in something like this. He has been toying with the idea of making his own with three wheels.
If this can get close to 100 mpg at highway speeds it should do well. Heck if the NCX had this wrapped around it, it should be able to get 100 mpg.

It says it's electric. No mpgs.

200 miles per charge would work very well for most commuters. Other than the price, I like it.

In Switzerland, this concept has been implemented on the road for several years (I believe even more than 10 years).
There are some "cockpit" motorcycles which have side landing gear when speeds go below 30kmh.
I do not know the name of these cycles, but they are definitely "invented" in Switzerland and legal on the road.

:D

I mean these:
2.jpg

Last edited:
This was featured on the BBC news channel 'Click' programe at the weekend, looked really interesting.
The prototype bike they featured was carrying a lot of electronics and giros which the manufacturer says will be reduced to the size of a shoebox for production.
The bike went along as normal but when you came to halt at a junction the bike stayed upright on its own.
They pulled the bike sideways using a pick up truck and it still stayed upright.
It is electric and when you park the bike 2 feet lower down (1 each side) to hold the bike upright before switching off.
It also used a steering wheel to steer, not handlebars.

Back