Light bars and LED lighting. What does yours look like?

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased a honda light bar for my NC700x. I did not like stalks for mounts. It made my bike look like a snail or sea creature. To keep them compact and protected, i mounted my LED lights on the four holes provided. To make the 90 degrees, i used Home Depot 90 degree steel braces. All i had to do was drill three holes on each mount. The mount does look a little primitive, but nobody seemed to notice but me. Mostly because it is simple plate steel. It is not rusting. So i am pretty happy with it. It wont break and is too strong to bend. The lights hang 1/2 inch below the bar. Right where they belong. My cost? Hmmm. 5 bucks. I might re-make them and grind the corners off. But. Wow. So easy

It was a little weird that honda does not make a light mount for their light bar.

How did you do it? What parts did you buy? It turns out the bolts were purchased at Lowes.

Home improvement stores. Yay!!

Attachments

• E2D9F730-590F-43AB-9F50-228AABF849A8.jpeg
    E2D9F730-590F-43AB-9F50-228AABF849A8.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 17A78AC9-D44F-4624-9811-180A6AFC3393.jpeg
    17A78AC9-D44F-4624-9811-180A6AFC3393.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Mounted vertically on each side of the fork. Made by Denali. Lights are wide beam, literally 180 degrees wide and tall. Very bright. But not blinding. Attention getting.

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

EDBCBFA8-33D2-4DFE-878B-E405E29C2C03.jpg

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
On the back of my luggage boxes are cheap chinese Amazon imports. Dual function running & turn, but not stop. Not nearly as bright as the front lights. In fact on sunny days they are close to useless, but they sure do look good at night and anytime it is not bright sunshine.

My bike also has a multi-function license plate frame that, by itself, meets the DOT rear lighting requirements for motorcycles. It has a stop/running light. Left/Right turn lights. Plus white license plate light.

My wife's bike has Admore running lights installed behind the reflectors of her Givi V35 side cases.

All are connected with quick disconnects so its easy to remove the hard cases.

fullsizeoutput_72ac.jpg

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
For whatever it is worth, I actually have a Honda Light Bar, new in the box, never mounted it.

Figured it was just added weight without actual function.

The Denali lights I added weigh a couple ounces, add the conspicuity that I wanted without the weight of the light bar and then mounting fog lights to the light bar. Fog lights don't give the same broad level of conspicuity that the Denali DRL lights give, but they do a better job of lighting the road in front of the bike. I wanted to be seen, which is why most people actually use fog lights. I don't like adding weight to a bike that is already heavy for what it is so that is why I never mounted my Honda OEM light bar.

That is pretty cool.
The Denali lights are expensive but worth it. They are awesome. I've driven my car toward them, as well as wiht them in the rear view. NEVER blinding but damn are they bright. They are "focused" so they don't throw a "beam" of light but rather scatter the light across a wide field of view. Literally can see them from the side and they look just as bright from 30, 45 and 60 degrees as they do head on.

Probably the best safety device I installed on any bike

Last edited:

halfmt1

Reaction score
Visit site
For whatever it is worth, I actually have a Honda Light Bar, new in the box, never mounted it.

Figured it was just added weight without actual function.

The Denali lights I added weigh a couple ounces, add the conspicuity that I wanted without the weight of the light bar and then mounting fog lights to the light bar. Fog lights don't give the same broad level of conspicuity that the Denali DRL lights give, but they do a better job of lighting the road in front of the bike. I wanted to be seen, which is why most people actually use fog lights. I don't like adding weight to a bike that is already heavy for what it is so that is why I never mounted my Honda OEM light bar.

The Denali lights are expensive but worth it. They are awesome. I've driven my car toward them, as well as wiht them in the rear view. NEVER blinding but damn are they bright. They are "focused" so they don't throw a "beam" of light but rather scatter the light across a wide field of view. Literally can see them from the side and they look just as bright from 30, 45 and 60 degrees as they do head on.

Probably the best safety device I installed on any bike
Well, you've convinced me. I've been eyeing these for awhile, I believe now I have no apprehension to pull the trigger on these. I think your comment about seeing them from the side is what put me over the edge, that's important.
Thank you for your assessment.

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put lights in the clear lenses of the Homda top box. Not a kit; I bought strip LEDs from Amazon, cut them to size, then soldered them together. Also a small circuit board for voltage regulator, LED flasher module (based on deceleration), and a trim pot to adjust the run vs brake brightness.

it wires into the tail light wiring with y-connectors, so no cutting or splicing of stock wiring required.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
On the back of my luggage boxes are cheap chinese Amazon imports. Dual function running & turn, but not stop. Not nearly as bright as the front lights. In fact on sunny days they are close to useless, but they sure do look good at night and anytime it is not bright sunshine.

My bike also has a multi-function license plate frame that, by itself, meets the DOT rear lighting requirements for motorcycles. It has a stop/running light. Left/Right turn lights. Plus white license plate light.

My wife's bike has Admore running lights installed behind the reflectors of her Givi V35 side cases.

All are connected with quick disconnects so its easy to remove the hard cases.

fullsizeoutput_72ac.jpg
Nicely done