• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED Spot Lights

I guess I have officially hit my 'farkling limit' (until the next one).
I did my installation of the lights and the Skene controller and it works great. I did not use the Innovv Powerhub that Greg used. I just pulled switched power and ground from other places. I did have some concerns with the mounting of the lights. The bracket that comes with the lights uses a fairly small mounting bolt but the hole in the lamphus clamping mounts is huge. The Lamphus mounts also stick out quite a ways.

Jos.. I have the Givi engine guard - like yours - but my setup ended up sticking out from the guards. If I were to drop the bike, it would land right on the Lamphus mounts ( and the lights). Your pictures seem to have the lights tucked in very nicely. What mounts did you use?
>T

P/S... I just found some Lamphus brand clamping bar mounts that are called 'vertical bar mounts'. It looks like these will mount to the Givi motor guards and keep the lights even with the Givis rather than sticking out 3" on each side. Just placed an order. Will take pics of both and post later.

Last edited:
Custom made mounts in my case (just some cut and plied steel). They are not adjustable as I have flood beams and don't need precise orientation. I can still adjust beam height by moving them slightly back or forward on the bars.

I got the 'vertical' Lamphus mounts installed and they are a little more to my liking. Here are pics showing the 'horizontal' mounts compared to the' vertical mounts. The 'vertical' brackets tuck thelights in a little closer to the bike.
Sorry about the sideways pics.
0310181440.jpg

0311181019a.jpg

Btw... I love this mod. Big thanks to GregC for doing the legwork. These lights make a big difference riding through the woodsy two-lane back and forth to work every day.

Last edited:
I got the 'vertical' Lamphus mounts installed and they are a little more to my liking. Here are pics showing the 'horizontal' mounts compared to the' vertical mounts. The 'vertical' brackets tuck thelights in a little closer to the bike.
Sorry about the sideways pics.
View attachment 35810

View attachment 35811

Btw... I love this mod. Big thanks to GregC for doing the legwork. These lights make a big difference riding through the woodsy two-lane back and forth to work every day.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji106]

[emoji880]
6402d861226099d35fef3dde91ca641a.jpg
d28e8212d1652159213aa4b7b4b6904b.jpg

So after reading numerous posts and reports that spots increase safety, I decided to install a pair. I love the Denali D2 but not at $350.

So I bought these Amazon.com: 2PACK 12W LED Spot POD RACE LIGHTS Off Road Motorcycle Dirt Bike Fog Driving Work Lights 1200LM IP68 WATERPROOF, 24 Months Warranty: Automotive

and the brackets that are listed on that page. All in for $33.

I also wanted "dual intensity" so they would dim when headlight was on low, and go full power when on hi (like the D2's). The solution was the Skene IQ-275 controller ($70). So the whole set up costs $104. I'm installing this weekend so I'll post some pics.

The cheaper LED pods use Cree leds, are about the same lumens as the D2's, same size, same waterproof rating, and 12w per pod vs D2 10w. I'm not thinking they are anywhere as good as the D2's but at less that 1/3 the cost it's worth a try.

So thought I'd give you a quick update on these lights. Bought them in August 2017. 2 year warranty. Last weekend (just over 2 years from purchase), one of the lights gave up the ghost -- the LED circuit went south. Fortunately, since it was connected and fused through the Skene controller, it just blew the 5a fuse. For $20 this ain't bad. I just ordered another set since I can just splice the wires without re-doing everything, use the same mounts, etc., and be on my way for another $20. I'm going to replace both on the assumption that the life of that LED circuit is likely pretty similar on both lamps and the other one will give out shortly.

Last edited:
Back