• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED handguards.

SpyFr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to everybody here, I would like your help please, it's the first time I write something here....I am reading and reading...soooooo many things!!!Amazing forum and i would like to thank everybody here for all the information!!!

I bought 2 months ago the NC750x DCT 2018 model and a few days ago I bought a pair of LED handguards, more for the wind and the rain.My opinion is that are very nice, easy to assemble ( the 50%) :) and the color fits with the color of my bike and windscreen.
Well my problem is that i try to connect the cables on the left handguard first and there was a problem.From the left side on the handguard I have 3 cables, orange-green-brown and right handguard light blue-green-brown.
The green is the earth the orange from one side and the light blue from the other is the direction lights and the brown to both sides to be wired...where?
I want the led on the handguards to light when I switch on the direction light only, so the brown cable is to connect it to the front main LED lights which I dont want, I dont think is necessary, I care only about the direction lights to switch on the same time with the leds on the handguards.
So I try to connect first and only the left side to check, when I turn the key and try to switch on the left direction light I saw that the led and the left direction light was ticking and it was all ok, I smile for a second,ok that's it I said....nice!!!!Very beautifull!........But when I turn the key to off !!!!!The light was still ticking, I took out the key but still!For about 4 or 5 seconds they continue to illuminate and i was hearing the clicking sound.
I try it 5 -6 times.I try different things but always the same.
What is wrong?What I do wrong?

I will post photos of the handguards after because from my mobile it's not possible.

Thank you in advance for any help!

I used the electrical diagram from the full service manual. The LED's in the handguards are 2-wire, the bike is 3-wire. Ground, DRL (daytime running light - always on when bike key is turned on) and direction indicator (flashing). If you just connect the two wires, you need ground + either the DRL wire OR the direction indicator wire. I wanted both so I bought a 2 to 3 wire kit. LED handguards on the 2-wire side, bike on the 3-wire side. This way they copy/ mimic the bike lights - always on as DRL, and off/on when turning. I have the SW Motech Kobra handguards and LED inserts. I also used Posi-Tap to make the connections. Easy and secure. I would recommend checking your connections, but it is odd that they work but continue to work even after the key is removed! Was the bike light also still flashing?

Daytime running Lights

Thank you very much for your answer and your help.
The funny thing is that also the bike lights was flashing.

I actually like the idea of having my auxiliary lights flash with my turn signal

You could try removing the new lights/connections and check the behaviour to see if it is still happening. I believe the hazard lights (all flashing) might work with or without the key. If it is happening without the handguard LED's, then it's a characteristic of your bike that needs to be looked into and I would go ahead and install them. Like @rippin209 I wanted to keep both DRL and flashing indicator functions, so went with the 2-wire to 3-wire adapter from the beginning. I am very happy with the results and feel that it only adds to my visibility as well as turning intentions.

I used the electrical diagram from the full service manual. The LED's in the handguards are 2-wire, the bike is 3-wire. Ground, DRL (daytime running light - always on when bike key is turned on) and direction indicator (flashing). If you just connect the two wires, you need ground + either the DRL wire OR the direction indicator wire. I wanted both so I bought a 2 to 3 wire kit. LED handguards on the 2-wire side, bike on the 3-wire side. This way they copy/ mimic the bike lights - always on as DRL, and off/on when turning. I have the SW Motech Kobra handguards and LED inserts. I also used Posi-Tap to make the connections. Easy and secure. I would recommend checking your connections, but it is odd that they work but continue to work even after the key is removed! Was the bike light also still flashing?

Daytime running Lights

Is the "DRL" orange/yellow on the Cobra kit?
It would be nice if it was bright white, and changed into indicator color when activated

/ Henrik

Back