• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lack of accessories in South Africa

tanserf

Reaction score
Visit site
At the moment we've hit a wall as far as accessories for the bike is concerned. First looking for some protection for those inevitable stationary drops, as well as a centre stand. No can do. Hope Honda SA get their act together soon. Bit disappointed.

Happy to report that things are a-changing as far as accessories are concerned, one dealer is offering a free
touring screen with your purchase. Now to get the Durban guys to catch a wake-up!!

thanks scott, I have been in contact with them, the screen is available at about R2500, the aux light bar also at a ridiculous price. Unfortunately they require a full (read paid) deposit before they order anything. My hubby has a Triumph 800, showroom/dealer just around the corner of Honda, they have stock of just about all the accessories for the Tiger! Makes me jealous, and somewhat disappointed:confused: with Honda. BTW, there is still no mention of the centre stand, which we find a very useful item, for wash days and chain wetting. Yes, you can send what you have, much appreciated!
Go safe.

Hi, have you tried Hepco & Becker. They are doing quite a few accessories. Centre stand, engine bars and pannier and luggage rack. I`m sure they must have a distributor in S.A. Stay away from the Honda light bar if you want `drop` protection. My dealer says that if Honda themselves describe it as an ornament then that`s what it is.

HI Tumbleweed, thanks for the re-direct to co.uk! I guess you can say you have dual citizenship! My hubby is slightly peeved with Honda Sa's lack of commitment/after sale service. He has had excellent service from our Triumph dealer, all the Tiger 800 accessories were available. He fitted a head light protector, the rad guard, centre stand, as well as Bark Busters. These guys really know about support. May be Honda is getting slack, being the biggest manufacturer/seller for too long? All I really want is some sort of protection and the stand. It will make life so much easier.
Will talk soon.

Back