• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Klim: keepin' it covid

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

Not a bad design, or a bad idea. 3 colors, 2 sizes.

3571-000_Blue_01.jpg

Even better if your name starts with K.

Yeah. They should forget about their "any order over $89 ships free" policy and have a net profit of 0 on this and other items ; }

I'd probably whine about Klim pricing (and blatant branding) before I'd ever find fault with paying the salaries for any company's shipping department that had such a policy. But then, I don't live in a 3rd world country (yet) so I really do enjoy The Whinge ; }

What's REALLY wrong here is it ISN'T even Gore-Tex – up your game Klim! ; }

Klim face mask, the bad: not a double layer made with one nonwoven polypropylene, but using a stretch fabric – and like many Klim items some may think it spendy for what it is.

Klim face mask, the good: does have a filter pocket one can insert a shop or paper towel or fabric or nonwoven hydrophobic polypropylene cut into. It's very light and compact, for me it fits well, can be worn even when the helmet is on should one think that matters, should be fine for primarily outdoor use with the occasional trip inside a convenience store or whatever. I'd say it'll suit me for primarily motorcycle and outdoor endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of $10 gift certificates from Motorcyclegear.com so I may be ordering one of these? Can't really think of anything I need at the moment.

-- EDIT -->
I just ordered one of these, color blue, size large. I have other masks, and always wear a mask (no I'm not a mask Nazi) but I do believe it is a good idea to wear one. This will give me a mask that I can keep in the FRUNK at all times so I don't need to remember to take a mask from the house.​

Klim face mask, the good: does have a filter pocket one can insert a shop or paper towel or fabric or nonwoven hydrophobic polypropylene cut into.
FWIW, a disposable paper coffee filter is actually a pretty good option for a face mask.

It will give you the equivalent of approximately an "N55" mask, which is far better than most masks and coffee filter availably and cost makes them attractive filter options.

The fact that you reported that it has a "filter pocket" is why I decided to order one.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday.

I inserted a Bunn coffee filter. Our vacuum cleaner is bagless so I couldn't try the vacuum cleaner bag.

I patterned and sewed together a couple layers of nonwoven hydrophobic polypropylene for an insertable filter and used that in Glacier NP yesterday so I could get a coffee fix mid-day. I like the way the few "camp stores" and eateries there were requiring masks for entry. Typical tourists seem to like shopping and eating even more than driving through at low erratic speeds with their phones stuck out the windows taking video and photos.

First off I'll say this is a pretty comfortable mask. But it is one of those masks that tends to fog your glasses if you wear them. It doesn't fit tight enough along the top of the mask/nose/cheek area and causes fogging of the eyeglasses.

With my tactical photochromic glasses and my facial structure it doesn't fog at all. The nosepiece could be tougher though like my in-town mask, and the large maybe could be a bit larger yet. I like the way the Klim stores so small, and stays in place.

With my tactical photochromic glasses and my facial structure it doesn't fog at all. The nosepiece could be tougher though like my in-town mask, and the large maybe could be a bit larger yet. I like the way the Klim stores so small, and stays in place.
So you are saying I have a misshapen face and an ugly mug? ;) If only I was good looking the mask wouldn't fog my glasses.

At least my dog is handsome:oops:

Back