• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kijima engine guard. Tested... ((((

Motodrocher

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I did it... Here is my portion of embarrassment: stalled it at the exit of my building parking. Stopped uphill to give a way for a passing car and something went wrong:rolleyes:

bar.jpgCapture.jpghbr.jpgMir.jpgpip.jpg

I had a total under 600km riding experience before I bought my NC750 new and this Kijima was the first thing I put on it.

D'oh!

Sorry, but hey, welcome to the illustrious club, buddy!

Looks like you came out pretty good all things considered, three cheers for Kijima, lol ;)

Thanks and yes, cheers to Kijima. I expected to see more scuffs actually but to my surprise the handlebar end didn't even touch the ground... As for the pipe, it needs some extra protection like rear slider or something like that. Overall looks like a bit under $150 for these bars paid out already.

[.. As for the pipe, it needs some extra protection like rear slider or something like that.]

Someone makes a thick protector that fits tightly at the junction where the pipe goes into the muffler. I've seen it on the Twisted Throttle website but don't know the manufacturer's name.

Glad you're okay. I haven't dropped the NC yet but I destroyed a '13 street triple and ruined all the fairings on my CBR, but I was at speed for those. By the way, how tall are you?

Steep uphill stops and starts can be difficult for experienced riders. An uphill stall is even worse. Take solace in the fact that it could have been worse and that the Kimja did its job.

You really can't call yourself a rider unless you've gone down once, Ivan. Glad you're not hurt. R&G makes protectors for the Pipe. Here's 2 on my NC. Note, there are youtube videos by R&G showing the effectiveness of them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 777
Last time I dropped a bike on the muffler was in 1982 so I'm thinking, for me anyway, it happens so rarely it's not worth buying protectors. Could happen tomorrow, but if it happens I'll just buy a new muffler.

I dropped mine first ride out in Portugal, at Albufeira marina, a nice german stopped his white van, came out to me, leg trapped under the bike, and said, would you like help? (Me thinking : no mate, just you leave me here, leg trapped under the 200 kg of bike, i'll be fine!)
Anyway, my bar ends from the cheap hand guards took the brunt of it, happy days! Ive now fitted pelacrash bungs and the r&g exhaust protector thingy everyone is talking about. I posted a wee vid of my mods in the mod section.
Im glad you werent injured (pride doesnt count!) and the bike looks fixable. So ....just .....welcome to the 'have's' club!

The only problem I can see with the muffler protectors is that at a cost of $52 each putting two of them on would pretty equal the cost of a new take off.

When high winds blew my bike over last Summer the only place the muffler was damaged was right where the lower of the two R&G protectors is mounted. I'm hoping Givi side cases will help protect the muffler.

When high winds blew my bike over last Summer the only place the muffler was damaged was right where the lower of the two R&G protectors is mounted. I'm hoping Givi side cases will help protect the muffler.

When you buy the protectors your paying out $102 plus shipping. If you don't buy the protectors you haven't spent the money and you may have too spend $100 in the future.

When you buy the protectors your paying out $102 plus shipping. If you don't buy the protectors you haven't spent the money and you may have too spend $100 in the future.

Yes, even though no fall has yet occurred and no damage has yet been done, $102 plus shipping is spent. In addition, when the protectors get scratched up whilst protecting the muffler during a fall, you will want to replace them at $102 plus shipping. So, all said and done, when a fall does occur, protecting the muffler costs $204 plus 2x shipping. However, in the event of multiple falls, each subsequent fall beyond the first will cost only an additional $102 plus shipping.

Last edited:
The protector is a ring type so you can just turn the damaged part inward. Even if you can't, why would anyone bother replacing a protector for a new one?

Thanks, to all for support:) But the post meant to be just a report on Kijima's hard work. I'm totally fine and do not really have any kind of psychological impact, I new it would happen one day and I had guards for that. Now I'm pretty sure one time is enough and this wont happen to me nearest 20-30 years:cool: The bike is fine as well and I can't consider those marks as any kind of a problem))))

Back