• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kijima Engine Guard (from Web!ke)

To me it seems that it's shape would not flow with the NC design.... These are more of a cruiser type guard, I think... JMHO :)

I don't care what it looks like,I just want alot of protection.I plan to use this bike for alot of adventure riding like I did with my DL.I don't do heavy duty,but alot of dirt roads and 2 track and a tip over is going to happen.I'm probably going to build my own and it will start out alot like this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care what it looks like,I just want alot of protection.I plan to use this bike for alot of adventure riding like I did with my DL.I don't do heavy duty,but alot of dirt roads and 2 track and a tip over is going to happen.I'm probably going to build my own and it will start out alot like this one.
I agree. The design reminds me of a home made set of crash bars that a fellow in Australia made for his V-Strom. Very simple, functional and not overly done.
They could probably act as highway pegs, or as mounts for highway pegs.

Last edited:
The key to me for evaluating engine guards is an understanding of how they transmit the force of a fall to the motorcycle. An improperly designed guard can be a destroyer rather than a protector if it bends the frame or snaps a motor mount boss off of the engine block. To assess this, you have to see how and where they attach to the motorcycle. Without this, it is just a W.A.G.

I cannot find the Kijima engine guard, #405-231 (specific for NC700X) on their website. And I wonder if you can order from USA? Or is there a local distributor?:confused:

I couldn't find it on Kijima's site either. Lots of people here have ordered parts from Web!ke, including some in the U.S.

Finally found photos of the product installed on a bike:

0416137616_1.jpg

0416137616_2.jpg

I want to see that pic with the photographer back about 10 paces...it actually looks a lot better than I thought it would closeup...I want to see the overall aesthetics of the design. It looks like it would make a great mounting point for a GoPro as well :)

I've got some SS hoops at home that are about the size of these.I think I might make my own,but I might make a brace that runs back to the frame by the side panel.

They could probably act as highway pegs, or as mounts for highway pegs.

Lordy, give me some highway pegs! Would be worth it just for that.

Still, I would like to see it on a bike... though what it looks like IS NOT as important as how well it functions. $140 isn't out of the question either.... hmmmm...

Back