• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kickstand #10

jimmy da vig

Reaction score
Visit site
I had asked in another thread about a # 9 1/2. That never happened. Is anything planned for the Spring? With motel or dorm rooms? I'm getting to old to sleep on muddy, frozen ground anymore.

While KSL 10 hasn’t yet been formally announced, I fully expect to be at Kickstand Lodge on the “usual” dates in spring 2019. The event was historically held on the weekend prior to the Memorial Day weekend, so for 2019 it will be May 16-19. That’s a Thursday-Sunday. I plan be in the area for the whole week.

Along with camping, Kickstand Lodge has tiny cabins and a bunk house. You also have the option of staying down the road at Ironhorse, but if you stay at Ironhorse, you can’t partake of the delicious Kickstand meals on Friday and Saturday nights.

Look for a KSL 10 thread real soon.

Last edited:
I was waiting until after new years to start the thread. I'll put something up by the end of the week.

I've missed the last two years because of health issues, fingers crossed for this one. I want to try some of the forest service roads in the area.

I was waiting until after new years to start the thread. I'll put something up by the end of the week.

I've missed the last two years because of health issues, fingers crossed for this one. I want to try some of the forest service roads in the area.

Yes! Forest roads! I’ve got the America Rides gravel road map. I’ve covered most of them around the Cherohala, including some not even on the map. Good stuff. I’m hoping to find a way to bring both the NC and the CRF250L this time. Can’t wait!

Wasn't aware they were making dirt road maps, ordered my today. Thanks for the tip.
I've got gps routes for the smoky mtns 500/1000, TET, MABDR and several other rides. All bucket list items. Thought I would start easy this year.
VMAN1313 is my inspiration.

Thanks for the info. My riding partner is hiding in Florida for another four months. We had planned on a trip out west leaving in mid May. If that gets turned into a ride to the Deadwood trike rally I'll make the Kickstand 10.

If you decide to come, reserve a cabin. There is also a bunkhouse if you can stand the snoring. There are other places up the road in Robbinsville.

If you decide to come, reserve a cabin. There is also a bunkhouse if you can stand the snoring. There are other places up the road in Robbinsville.

Hey, I dont snore that loud!!!! Usually there is only one or two of us using the bunkhouse. I am planning on being there. Already told my brother not coming to his daughter's wedding on May 18th.. (her second marriage-I was at the first one). Local adv group putting on a ride weekend that weekend-nope, nada, zilch,,,,kickstand is my place to be...

Back