• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kali helmets?

jspivy

Reaction score
Visit site
I posted in a different area of the forum then found this area.

Anyone know anything about Kali helmets? They look good on paper (marketing) but I've never seen one in person.

Kali Motorsports

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t.
Any particular reason? Or just generally shying away from unknown brands? I'm hesitant to use my head as a test subject which is why I'm trying to find out more. Having more than just a DOT stamp is nice but I'm not familiar with the ones they mentioned.

And supposedly they're known for bicycle helmets. So this isn't totally new for them although it's drastically different helmets...

Hmm...no internal sun shield, no pinlock, and no flip-up/modular model...

Any one of these would be a deal-breaker for me..

Any particular reason? Or just generally shying away from unknown brands? I'm hesitant to use my head as a test subject which is why I'm trying to find out more. Having more than just a DOT stamp is nice but I'm not familiar with the ones they mentioned.

And supposedly they're known for bicycle helmets. So this isn't totally new for them although it's drastically different helmets...

I wouldn't trust a motorcycle helmet from a company that also sells fashion helmets. And the TAZ model helmet is a certainly not a safe motorcycle helmet helmet so it must be a fashion statement.

I don't like that they don't say where they are made, so I suspect they are Chinese??? The company is a California based marketing company but where is there stuff made. For my head, I want to at least know there are quality controls.

Not a fan of any safety gear that I can't even find real user reviews or known testing reviews. Not a fan of most gear that seems to not be sold by major outlets. BTO Motorsports seems to be the most known retailer to sell the brand but it has zero user reviews so apparently its not popular with riders? That is not a death knell for a brand, it could be a new offering from BTO but its not at other major moto shops, so its simply a roll of the dice.

We all know that there are issues with counterfeit helmets that shatter upon small impact. I would not suggest Kali is one of those. But who are they? Its actually hard to find any reputable information on the brand.

So much of the information is Kali generated, just marketing. How much is based on fact? How much is known to be true through independent testing?

So I stand by what I said.

I wouldn't.

I have one of those. I've had it for longer than I've should, around 6 yrs now.
They are very sturdy, light weight and quiet. DOT certified also.
The down side is they fit a little bit on the small side, so you'd have to go size larger, and replacement shields are bit pricey.

Last edited:

Basically these are just DOT approved helmets. The other approvals are bodies that sanction different types of motorcycle racing. I assume the basic requirement these bodies have is DOT certification so any helmet meeting DOT are allowed.

There is debate about the strengths and weaknesses of different certifications out there like DOT, ECE, Snell and I won't go there. I have DOT helmets and a Snell helmets and all are good enough for me.

I bought one of their dirt helmets last year. Build quality was shit, parts started falling off fairly quickly - I had one of the screens for a vent fall off and end up in my goggles when I put them on, which was unpleasant to find later.

Not a brand I plan on buying again.

Back