• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Japanese bikes being discontinued

What I heard was there is more than just Euro5 in the pipeline. More strict standards.
Speculation was Honda would drop the clutch and go DCT, easier to manipulate throttle
and transmission to pass the revised specs.

Euro 5 is not in the pipeline, it was effective in the UK and EU two years ago. All the recent brewhaha is about Japan imposing their own emissions standards based on those of Euro 5 and Japan will impose their new standard in the fall of 2022.

What I heard was there is more than just Euro5 in the pipeline. More strict standards.
Speculation was Honda would drop the clutch and go DCT, easier to manipulate throttle
and transmission to pass the revised specs.
That speculation is rather silly, in my opinion. Honda is ill prepared to drop all manual clutch models and go DCT. In the USA anyway, there are currently just three DCT engine/transmission combos used in seven model variants in the entire motorcycle lineup, and none are under 745cc. Do you think Honda will drop all the rest of the street bike models?

Last edited:
The orange 1969 CB750 in Griffs' picture was my first sighting of the inline 4 when stationed at Hunter AAB, Savannah, GA, 1970. Talk about envy!
I've lusted ALL Honda products from then on. Have many small engined products powered by Honda; tillers, lawn movers, power washers, sickle mowers, trimmers, etc.
The single overhead cam 750 went to duel cams in 1979.
My first sighting was in Italy in 1971. I was riding a 1968 Triumph Bonneville when it pulled up beside me at a red light. The light changed and it whispered away. It looked so complicated, I knew that I would never be able to maintain one with my limited mechanical skills lol. It was a stunning bike for me to behold.

If they want to sell in Europe, they have to pass current Euro5 and future standards.
Depends on the engine/trans measurements.

Had an old SV650 that had a flat spot in second gear, was told by mechanic it was
set that way to pass emissions. So we misadjusted the TPS and it was good.

Back