• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Jack up kit

nicecruise

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a jack up kit on their NC. I'm not sure u would want it with the X but for a taller NC750S rider it is something I am considering to increase comfort/decrease stress levels on a dirt road.

Just wanted to get opinions before I purchased are they any good? Would they make much difference?

Safe riding. ATGATT.

To answer my own questiln I purchased the 40mm jack up kit from eBay. simple to install (if you have a centre stand) and basic tools. has improved ground clearance and seat height which is great for me being a taller rider. feels slightly different at first but a few kms get you used to the bike. Am pleased I did this now I have a bike as tall as the Nc750x! Next port of call is either suspension upgrade or seat upgrade. Will be researching both. Any suggestions/advice welcomed.
safe riding. ATGATT.

To answer my own questiln I purchased the 40mm jack up kit from eBay. simple to install (if you have a centre stand) and basic tools. has improved ground clearance and seat height which is great for me being a taller rider. feels slightly different at first but a few kms get you used to the bike. Am pleased I did this now I have a bike as tall as the Nc750x! Next port of call is either suspension upgrade or seat upgrade. Will be researching both. Any suggestions/advice welcomed.
safe riding. ATGATT.
Do you have before and after pictures?

JT

C6973613-E6E2-43F4-864C-1A3EB193B001.jpeg
before
after

JT best I could do sorry. only a slight change however I am happy with it so far.

cheers

Just some questions,

1. Should we get a shorter or longer kit to bring up the bike taller?
2. I would like a position where I'm not in a v-position as it is currently in. Would like a more towards L-position. Should I get adjustable pegs that can lower the position? I would not want it be too close to the floor either. Should I instead make the seat higher by adding more pads?
3. With the addition of the jack up kit, would I need to bring the front up? If so, cartridge emulators would be enough or should I get a spring setup for the front?

Thanks for the reply in advance. Just wanting to make it taller and more comfortable to ride.

Add.
I'm riding a nc750x.

I posted about my experience with the Lust Racing jackup kit on my 2019 750x on the 700 forum because someone was inquiring about improving ground clearance. I enthusiastically recommend this simple dog bone kit for anyone who enjoys light steering and sporting lean angles. Initially, after installing the kit, the bike was a bit too flighty and the ride too stiff so I ended up raising the forks back to the stock height (they had been dropped to quicken steering) and I backed off the rear shock preload to get recommended sag. What a difference a couple of struts make. The bike has improved handling/steering and the suspension action feels slightly more plush. From tight technical turns to high speed sweepers the nimbleness combined with outstanding stability makes riding the NC in the mountains a giggle-fest.

The bike is so good I ordered the YSS rear shock and YSS fork kit (very similar to Racetech Gold Valve kit) from Bikerbits in Thailand. I have the same style of shock on one of our dual sport bikes and it exceeded all expectations. The cost of the YSS stuff was under $600 delivered and it should be arriving in the next couple of days. I went with the standard spring on the rear shock because the shorter Lust Racing dog bone's lesser leverage seems as if would have a similar effect as a stiffer spring.

The most praise I can offer on the Lust Racing kit is I let the wife try the NC last weekend and she wouldn't trade back with me for the rest of the day. She has an S1000XR and she is extremely fussy about what she rides. She was on my R1200R Water Boxer last weekend, a bike she normally loves to ride, but after I let her run the NC through Deals Gap she decided to run the mountains all day on the "mundane" little bike. She normally won't ride more than 5 minutes on anything that doesn't have a well tuned electronically controlled or custom suspension. So don't just take my word for it, raising the rear of an NCx is a great upgrade.

KEB

With YSS shock and fork kit installed with the Lust Racing jack-up kit, and 750 miles of riding and adjusting complete, I can say the results have greatly exceeded expectations. There was some confusion regarding fork oil height with one set of instructions indicating the height is set prior to installing the PD valve but the overly firm fork action made it easy to determine the height should be set after the PD valve is installed. The forks a level of plushness I would have thought impossible for such a low cost upgrade. Same for the rear shock which was a bit too firm until the rebound damping was set from 15 to 8 clicks out and the rear sag was set around 32mm (instead of 30% of the full travel).

The shock I ordered was actually 5mm lower shorter than the oem part but the bike is still 15mm taller than stock due to the 20mm rise from the jack-up kit. So steering is somewhat lighter and quicker but the stability of the bike is excellent. The steering is stable and precise and the overall handling is excellent with no tendency to tuck the front in bumpy or extremely tight turns. On the brakes, on the gas, coasting or maintenance throttle the bike maintains excellent composure with minimal chassis altitude changes when leaned over.

The only strange moment was when I grabbed a handful of brakes on a very tight 20 mph right hand downhill corner as a bike in front of me slowed unexpectedly and the front wheel twitched to the right violently but the front end corrected itself to center instantly and I carried on through the corner with no further drama. It was impressive to have the feedback to feel the force of the single brake torque the wheel and then the suspension system dampen the effect. The pushness of the ride is augmented by a linear firmness that prevents bottoming out and eliminates harshness and excess chassis movement (pretty much a reasonable description of a good suspension).

kebrider

With YSS shock and fork kit installed with the Lust Racing jack-up kit, and 750 miles of riding and adjusting complete, I can say the results have greatly exceeded expectations. There was some confusion regarding fork oil height with one set of instructions indicating the height is set prior to installing the PD valve but the overly firm fork action made it easy to determine the height should be set after the PD valve is installed. The forks a level of plushness I would have thought impossible for such a low cost upgrade. Same for the rear shock which was a bit too firm until the rebound damping was set from 15 to 8 clicks out and the rear sag was set around 32mm (instead of 30% of the full travel).

The shock I ordered was actually 5mm lower shorter than the oem part but the bike is still 15mm taller than stock due to the 20mm rise from the jack-up kit. So steering is somewhat lighter and quicker but the stability of the bike is excellent. The steering is stable and precise and the overall handling is excellent with no tendency to tuck the front in bumpy or extremely tight turns. On the brakes, on the gas, coasting or maintenance throttle the bike maintains excellent composure with minimal chassis altitude changes when leaned over.

The only strange moment was when I grabbed a handful of brakes on a very tight 20 mph right hand downhill corner as a bike in front of me slowed unexpectedly and the front wheel twitched to the right violently but the front end corrected itself to center instantly and I carried on through the corner with no further drama. It was impressive to have the feedback to feel the force of the single brake torque the wheel and then the suspension system dampen the effect. The pushness of the ride is augmented by a linear firmness that prevents bottoming out and eliminates harshness and excess chassis movement (pretty much a reasonable description of a good suspension).

kebrider

Nice report! Worth the read.

Would you be so kind as to list the items or part no of the dog bone, PD valves and rear suspension purchased? Ease of references.

This is actually one setup I'm going for. Another is actually for an off road capabled setup of 19 front and 17 rear, with both spoked. Anyone does this with the abs ability not compromised? How's the feedback?

Nice feedback @kebrider . Truly informative.

Nice report! Worth the read.

Would you be so kind as to list the items or part no of the dog bone, PD valves and rear suspension purchased? Ease of references.

This is actually one setup I'm going for. Another is actually for an off road capabled setup of 19 front and 17 rear, with both spoked. Anyone does this with the abs ability not compromised? How's the feedback?

Nice feedback @kebrider . Truly informative.

After a full range of testing I found I could still touch down the new pegs in the tighter turns so I contacted the U.S. YSS distributor and I will be receiving a new 310 mm shock in the next day or two. I believe my statement on the 5 mm shorter shock changing the ride height by exactly 5 mm is probably incorrect so I will measure everything and write up a revised review of the modification. I am also planning on changing out the fork oil to a slightly higher viscosity to see if I can slow down rebound slightly. I will have full details by the end of this weekend and I will have something posted by Monday if my schedule allows.

Quick update: The replacement shock arrived and the adjustable ride height allowed me to set the length to match the OEM shock. I wanted this consistency to keep the ride height within the parameters Lutz Racing would have used when developing the raising link. The difference in steering and ground clearance was worth the wait. The bike has excellent stability but now the bike turns with an ease that belies its size. The confidence and fun it provides when running the technical mountain roads in the area is what I hoped for when I bought the NC.

A sidebar regarding tires: The Conti Road Attack 3's needed replacement and I was prepared to stick with these tires as they have proven to be the gold standard for wet/dry grip and wear but after reading of Dunlop's new Road Smart IV I decided to give them a try. 400 miles in and I can report the RS4 dry grip is excellent and the steering quickness and feel is on par with the Contis. At first I thought the dunlops had a vague feel at pace but I saw that the outline of the dual compound outer section was very narrow so I figured I was not leaning enough to get the fedback I was used to with the Contis. I was right. At the end of the day I am not a big fan of dual compound tires so time will tell. I really like the Contis because they give us 50% greater wear for our type of riding but f these RS4s wear well and offer consistent feel throughout their lifespan they may be a contender.

Back