• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ixil can and centre stand compatibility

Jelly

Reaction score
Visit site
On my wish list is an Ixil exhaust, this one preferably....

ed840625de4b9d5049719ba26e55fc76_zpsac1fabc1.jpg

Does anyone else on here already have this can fitted with a centre stand?

I'm wondering if the can has a bump stop for the stand?

Are there any other issues with fitting etc?

On my wish list is an Ixil exhaust

Since the mid pipe connector between the OEM header pipe and the muffler has to follow the same basic path regardless of brand or make, I can't imagine there would be any interference with a centre stand fitted.

I do not believe there is a provision for a centre stand stop on that pipe. It's easy to make your own, or buy one, though.

PS Happy Birthday :D

Since the mid pipe connector between the OEM header pipe and the muffler has to follow the same basic path regardless of brand or make, I can't imagine there would be any interference with a centre stand fitted.

I do not believe there is a provision for a centre stand stop on that pipe. It's easy to make your own, or buy one, though.

PS Happy Birthday :D

Thanks for the info and thanks for the birthday greetings too.:)

After making or buying a stand stop, it would then need to be welded on right?

Surely that's the only way of fixing It to the pipe?

I have an Ixil and yes you can fit a centre stand with this silencer/muffler. The Ixil has a centre stand stop and it comes complete with a rubber bung for the fitting of a centre stand.

The Ixil is also one of the easiest cans ever to fit. It really is a 'slip-on' in the true sense of the word. You'll have it fitted in 10 mins

Last edited:
The Ixil has an extension upon which the centre stand rests while in the up position. The rubber bung pops into the extention thereby stopping metal to metal contact between the can and the stand.

Last edited:
On my wish list is an Ixil exhaust, this one preferably....

ed840625de4b9d5049719ba26e55fc76_zpsac1fabc1.jpg

Seen a pic of mine with the IXIL fitted Jelly?

A question for the mechanically minded:
How easy is it to fit a centre stand?

I will fit one when I finally get round to actually buying a 750x :rolleyes: but need to know if rocket science is involved!

Cheers,
Bob

I was gonna get this pipe for my gray manual NC, but then discovered they have a black version. Bought it right there and then. Love it! Center stand compatibility completes the perfect package.

I would have gone for black too, but never knew it existed at the time. The UK supplier didn't have it as an option and it was only when Jelly mentioned it that I knew about it but by then it was too late.

It could be spayed with a hi temp engine paint but I'm not that fussed.

Back