• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'vejust ordered a new NC750S

wozza

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've just sold my NC700X DCT to my local Honda dealer and I am now awaiting my new Red NC750S.
Unfortunately the first NC750S model won't even be arriving in the country until the end of January
I'm really looking forward to getting the bike.

r47d.jpg

Congrats!!! You have to let us know your opinion since you will have riden both. I'm curious even though we don't have the option.

Hey Wozza - welcome to the 750 club ;) Got 600 miles on mine now (1st service coming up Saturday) and totally loving it - first impressions were that the engine was very 'Tight' (i'm guessing that contributed to the first tankfull of fuel only delivering 62mpg) but it's really loosened up now and the last couple of tankfulls I'm getting 72mpg average over the same journeys. Fitted a Pyramid rear hugger (the 700 one fits - I did the product testing for Pyramid!).
Other than that, just looking forward to putting as many miles on it as I can. Hope you get yours soon!
Cheers,
Mike.

Thanks Mike....:) yep I'm really looking forward to it.. I don't think I'll be getting much in the way of accessories this time. I've already got a radiator guard and a rear carrier and backrest which I removed from my X DCT that I had. I'll go for an extender fender but that's about it. I don't think I'll even bother with a hugger as my X always got covered in road crap anyway.

Thanks Mike....:) yep I'm really looking forward to it.. I don't think I'll be getting much in the way of accessories this time. I've already got a radiator guard and a rear carrier and backrest which I removed from my X DCT that I had. I'll go for an extender fender but that's about it. I don't think I'll even bother with a hugger as my X always got covered in road crap anyway.

I agree that the huggers are not great. However I fitted one, as the back wheel was sandblasting the shock and the swingarm. While the hugger does not stop vapour billowing around inside the rear fender, it certainly stops the rear wheel applying crud directly to the swingarm and shock. That way it is easier to get the crud off the shock at least.

Congrats Wozza,,,Tell me Wozza why you felt the need,,I ask because I too am seriously tempted,,but cannot for the hell figure out why I should change,,,perhaps its the colour (red)!!!!

Congrats Wozza,,,Tell me Wozza why you felt the need,,I ask because I too am seriously tempted,,but cannot for the hell figure out why I should change,,,perhaps its the colour (red)!!!!

Thanks...:) If the truth be known there is no real practical reason whatsoever to change, but biking's not always about what's reasonable or practical. I've always fancied the red NC700S, but it was never imported into England, well now it is and as a bonus it's now coming with a few beneficial changes. I still can't decide on whether to go manual or DCT. Oh the decisions we have to make sometimes...:)
I think the perfect NC for me is a red S model with a round headlight and handlebars from the X model.....:)

Let us know if you run into the delimiter in 1st gear on the 750, as the 700 does from time to time. What I read said this problem has been fixed on the 750.

Thanks...:) If the truth be known there is no real practical reason whatsoever to change, but biking's not always about what's reasonable or practical. I've always fancied the red NC700S, but it was never imported into England, well now it is and as a bonus it's now coming with a few beneficial changes. I still can't decide on whether to go manual or DCT. Oh the decisions we have to make sometimes...:)
I think the perfect NC for me is a red S model with a round headlight and handlebars from the X model.....:)

Personally I like the looks of the S better. And if I had a choice it would be the black on black. Since I dont have either option I work with what I have and I'm happy with it. If the 750 came to the US as a "S" model in black on black you can bet I would switch in a second. It would not be because of the engine.

Let us know if you run into the delimiter in 1st gear on the 750, as the 700 does from time to time. What I read said this problem has been fixed on the 750.

Yes will do if I end up with a manual. It does seem to be the case that it is more difficult to hit the limiter with the new gearing, so it looks like Honda have really listened to feedback from owners...

Personally I like the looks of the S better. And if I had a choice it would be the black on black. Since I dont have either option I work with what I have and I'm happy with it. If the 750 came to the US as a "S" model in black on black you can bet I would switch in a second. It would not be because of the engine.
Hopefully one day Sarge, your wish may be granted. Nice to see another person who prefers the looks of the S model.

First service done on Saturday (136.00 quid!) and ran it all the way into work today in sport mode including a brief spell at a speed probably best not put in writing ;) AVG MPG dropped from my usual 72 to 60 over the same journey which considering the difference in riding style I thought was pretty darned good.
One thing I did notice was that the 'Demonstrator' loan bike I got whilst mine was in for service seemed much quicker - I'm sure that is normal..... :rolleyes:
Cheers.....
Mike.

Back