• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Its nice to have a choice in rides.

Hondo53

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a post that I wrote for the Burg-nerds and put in the BurgmanUSA.com forum that I thought you NC-nerds would like to read it too:

Now that I have had NC700XD for a month and put 500 miles on it and have had my 2012 Burgman650 for over a year. I have made a few conclusions like...they each have their strengths and weaknesses such as:

1. Burg. is very protective of rider in inclement weather. NC is not, even with the tall windscreen and an extension.

2. NC handles gravel roads with aplomb, Burg not so much.

3. Burg is more comfortable. NC has a seat and pegs in need of improving.

4. NC is nimble and sporty. Burg is a lumbering cruiser.(I may have exaggerated a little)

5 NC handles twisty roads better. Burg handles highways better.

6 NC is chain drive. Burg is gear drive. (I put an auto. chain oiler on NC to make them more equal)

7 Both have auto. trans. Burg has seamless shifting. NC goes CLUNK but shifts in 0.2 sec. Neither have clutch lever and shifter.

8 Both have paddle shifting but NC can be in either of its auto modes and still be shifted up or down manually which I really like. Burg has to be in manual mode to be manually shifted.

9 Both are powerful. I cant tell which is more.

10 NC gets better gas mileage by around 20 more MPG!

11. NC is easier to work on. ie. you don't have to remove the radiator to access the spark plugs. The Tupperware is much easier to remove. when you need to and it has less of it.

12 Burg is the better shopping tool as it has more and better storage. BTW I have side and top cases on both. Burg. has GIVI cases and NC has Honda designed and branded cases that are obviously manufactured by GIVI. I have put 12, 12-packs in/on my Burgman. I tried it with the NC and only got it to swallow up 8 but I did not use the frunk for the test. (frunk = front trunk which looks like a gas tank between your knees)

I rode the NC to work today because of prediction of no rain and warm. Last week I rode the Burg all week due to rain and cold.

I am so happy to have both. :)

You have the best of both worlds with the big scooter. I’ve had a few scooters over the years amongst many motorcycles and I really appreciate what they have to offer in fun riding and practicality. The Burgman is one of the better ones out there.

It is nice to have options. We have a 250 cc Kymco scooter that we use around town and very short journeys. My wife won't ride on back of the NC700x and I really don't blame her !! The scooter has a much lower seat position for both of us and is a whole heck of a lot easier to control with two onboard. Have a great day.

Back