• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

It was a great run

foodog38

Reaction score
Visit site
It was a great run, Las month i sold both of my NCs, went looking for a 2021 version, closes one was 5 hrs away, my heart sunk so i ended up buying a 2021 Goldwing Touring, had it for 2 weeks and a dear {buck} decided he wanted to take a ride on it, the whole ordeal ended with a broken shoulder, trashed bike and the ol phrase your done riding. dang it, dang it, dang it

Sorry to hear that, Foo....we all have our point of no return though, only a few are wise enough to see it clearly. When it's time to hang it up, it's time to hang it up.
Sending wishes for a quick recovery, and new adventures!

Yes, sorry to hear of your mishap. Never say never, get well first then give it a look.

I have a friend that broke his neck on his prized Africa Twin when he hit a deer. Doctors said he likely never walk again much less ride. Before he was out of rehab and walking good he went and bought a new Africa Twin so he could look at it in his garage and give him the motivation to work hard at rehab. I rode with him last Saturday.

You likely have a new perspective on crashing, one that I don’t have because I haven’t crashed.

However, if I was to look ahead and say, “I’ll ride until I crash, them I’m done riding”, that’s just not how I think. It would surely depend on the circumstances of the crash (did I fail?; could I prevent it from happening again in the future?) and the severity of my injuries, if any.

Wow, that’s incredible. I pray that you heal fully and quickly and remain open to the idea of another bike, maybe a NC750 this time!!

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Heal well and quickly. I missed a small buck by 3 feet the other day. Quick brake work saved me.

I almost quit riding in 1969 when I hit a left turner and was injured pretty badly. It was my mom that convinced me to get another bike and keep riding. She said "you know how much you love to ride and you will regret it if you quit".
She was right (of course) so I took the insurance money, bought a new bike and have travelled all over the US, Canada and Europe since. I would have missed so much had I quit.

Don't know your age, but if you are less than 50, there still could be lot of good years of riding ahead of you. At 71 with some health issues, I'm not sure how many years I have left to ride, but I'll ride everyday until I can't. Thanks Mom!

the whole ordeal ended with a broken shoulder, trashed bike and the ol phrase your done riding
Sorry to hear about your deer encounter and your shoulder injury. While you are healing, you'll have plenty of time to think about whether you will ride again or not. Whatever you choose......good luck and be safe.

I hit a deer and killed it with my 2018 NC750X in June. About $4000 worth of plastic and labor to fix it. Took 6 weeks to get the parts. I have ridden it over 7000 miles since and you would never know it ever was in the accident. I am 69 and killed another deer in 1993 with my 1992 Gold Wing Aspencade. I also had two cars hit me, 1972 Suzuki GT750 totaled in 1972 and a !972 Norton 750 Commando in 1973. I am very careful when I ride, especially now that I am 69.

I rode over 100,000 miles the last 5 years and I am thinking about what my next ride will be next spring. My NC750X is for sale on this site and really is in perfect condition, if no one buys it I will trade it in the spring.

Back