ISO clutch lever for 2018

ThomasInUtah

Reaction score
Hey everyone --

I am new to motorcycling (mostly; owed one for 6 months 10 years ago). I got a very slightly used 2018 NC750X with manual gearbox (USA market model, no ABS or torque/traction control) two weeks ago and *this is the bike meant for me*. Haha. But seriously. I love this bike. Despite crashing it this week at low speed. There was a patch of snow at the end of the driveway where it goes down sharply into the road surface and *somehow* my rear wheel spun up very fast and the bike spun out 180 degrees and threw me semi-high-side as I was trying to correct and keep the bike upright. I live on a very steep hill and the angles plus the snow make for tricky entrances and exits. I'm okay other than a bruised hip and as few minor scrapes and bruises. I had on a Sedici jacket and Scorpion gloves so my shoulder, elbow and hands were well-protected. My Bell Star helmet would have done it's job if called on.

But it was a hard hit for the bike and the clutch lever is bent with the end broken off. The shift foot lever got bent in badly but I have bent it back to a usable shape. I kind of like it tucked out of the way a bit now.

I need a new clutch lever. I have looked at good aftermarket ones but I think I'd prefer to just get an OEM Honda lever. Does anyone have a spare one around, due to upgrading/changing your clutch lever? Or a good source for genuine Honda parts at a discount?

Last edited:

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cycle Parts Nation discounts OEM from retail but nicks you deep in shipping. If you can buy a few small items the same $10 shipping covers them all. What I do is use Cycle Parts Nation for online prices and my local dealer matches them over the counter usually saving me about 20% off local price.

Honda OEM Parts | Cycle Parts Nation

ThomasInUtah

Reaction score
Thanks, ddeulin. The Honda OE clutch lever is $11.16 on Cycle Parts Nation. (And yes, the shipping is $9.95.)

I am also looking at aftermarket clutch levers. I'm considering a CRG RC2 adjustable lever, either short or standard length. But I am not seeing any posts about CRG clutch levers anywhere on these forums. Anyone have thoughts or experience on these? I checked eBay and there are a lot of no-name clutch and brake lever sets for cheap, but (1) I want a fully compatible, good lever and (2) I have no interest in replacing the OE adjustable brake lever. The CRG RC2 clutch lever is $99 on Revzilla. The no-name CNC levers on eBay are like $26 for two. I wish I could find a quality lever with 100% compatibility for my 2018 NC750X for a good price without buying an unwanted brake lever. Thoughts?, anyone?

What are the cross-compatibilities on clutch levers for a 2018 NC750X? I want to make sure the clutch position switch contacts correctly and fit is good and reach is not too far or too close. TIA

ThomasInUtah

Reaction score
Thanks, Dave. Cycle Parts Nation is a great resource. I have decided to keep the replacement parts stock / Honda OE and I can get anything I need through CPN, or my local dealer using CPN to work the price. I'll get the clutch lever and bar end weights and maybe the shifter pedal and the left side panel ($181 just for that -- ouch). The bike is fully rideable in its current condition, and I only sustained bruises that are healing up nicely (and minor indirect road rash). But it's a bit galling that I have scraped up what was a perfect bike. I figured this would happen with me being a noob, so it's OK. Stating the obvious, but snow (even a small 8" patch) and turns are to be avoided.