• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is two up really that bad?

The Chinese eBay risers I got put the bars quite a bit further back and up. I like the designs, very clean and unobstructive, not fiddly and clunky like Rox and the more recent Rox copies.

7/8" 22mm Motorcycle CNC Universal Alumium Handlebar Riser Clamp Taper Black | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

I have a 2104 DCT - do these risers require cable extension or rerouting?
I got by fine without extension, just flipped the Barkbuster inner assemblies to get cables and wires running where I thought they were less extended when doing lock-to-lock.

Thirty nine years ago I toured with my soon to be wife on a '79 Harley LowRider. Our first date was on that bike.

Through various Beemers we rode until 2001 when I bought a 1800 Gold Wing. With knee trouble I went back to a Harley Electra Glide in 2011. The Harley's now a solo bike when riding with the boys. A Can Am is our two up ride. The new NC 750 is a solo ride mostly when I'm by myself.

Never let your wife sit/ride on a Wing. There is no replacement. Even the Can Am comes up short in comfort. It's just what I have to do with a crappy leg.

So a NC will work if your young, thin and tough. The years do take their toll.

Not black and white one way or the other.
Some people say the NC is uncomfortable stock solo, others can ride 12 hours a day for days on end with a stock NC.

As for two up my wife and I both weighed over 200lb when I got the NC and after a few 30-60 min rides she was able to ride 3 and a half hours to the coast, we did that ride once or twice a month for years, I've lost a little weight and she's lost a lot and she can ride almost double that now with a couple 20 min breaks along the way.

It's subjective and any kind of upgrade to the seat or suspension would likely help (mine is still stock in that regard)

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

We used to ride and camp all the time, 3-4 day trips ~1000 miles. The GF definitely says the NC has the most uncomfortable back seat of any bike I've owned, including with some aftermarket seat options. She says it is also very cramped back there with the OEM top box. She is 5'-4" at 110lbs so I'd be cautious how anyone larger would fare. I'm 6'1" 160lb so I don't think I'm eating into any of her room.
It's sad for us because she loves riding but hates riding on the back of this bike.

I also notice that with both of us, hard bags, and a head wind our top speed is about 55 mph at 50 mpg WOT the entire time. It's no fun, especially on back roads where it is impossible to pass because the bike just doesn't have the power.

We were considering moving to a Goldwing or Harley, I personally don't like either. We're now looking for a Super Tenere to try out as a potential option, but that doesn't help your MPG or ease of maintenance conundrum.

NO issues here, the wife is about 130, 5 foot 7 or so... and actually we have the right amount of room and the Honda OEM top box provides excellent back support for her...
You don't want too much room either where she starts to slide back and forth :)

No power issues either, not when in S mode...

I'm 5,11"and weigh 220lb my wife is 5,4 and 135lb and can ride for most of the day with 2 or 3 rest stops of 20-30 min

It helps that we don't now any better.
Before owning my NC the last time I rode was over a decade before and it was a Ninja, my wife is the same story of being on the back of her uncle's Ninja years ago.
We aren't comparing the NC to a larger more comfortable motorcycle so it works for us, ignorance is bliss apparently

Back