• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is there a 12 step program for "farkling?"

Dave Modisette

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the NCX specifically because it was light weight but ever since I placed the order, I have being buying other bits and pieces and bolting them on. I'm spending money like a drunken sailor in Singapore. At this pace it will weigh as much as a Goldwing in no time.:confused:

Luckily, I haven't blown the mortgage payment.

This forum with all the great pictures and projects has addicted me to the "farkle" and three weeks ago I didn't know what farkling was. :eek:

Hello, My name is Lee and I am a farkler.

The reasons we have no 12-step program are:

1) No-one really wants to be cured.
2) The way the NC engine is designed rules out any opportunity for "Higher Power"

Hello, My name is Brian and I am a farkler also.

I have a way to slow down my farkling...I put all my farkles in a spreadsheet with its costs!

Just slowed me down, more farkles planned. :)

I am your "Friendly Pusher" in the black sedan...

breaking_bad_sirota.jpg

Farkling A Commuter

Hello, My name is Brian and I am a farkler also.

I have a way to slow down my farkling...I put all my farkles in a spreadsheet with its costs!

Just slowed me down, more farkles planned. :)

I don't want to list the prices lest I become the object of my lovely wife's wrath. ;)

But...

Honda Top Box and saddle bags
Honda tall windscreen.
Center Stand
Rain suit
Reflective Tape
Handlebar mount 12v and USB power outlet (on the way)
LED strip lights (on the way)
Tail light modulator (not installed yet)
Various electric connectors and wire taps
Bluetooth receiver and headphone speakers (on the way)
Service Manual (on the way)

Left to go:
Crash bars
Front LED aux driving lights

... and anything else that you guys install and I happen to fancy. :D

I'm not a farkler. I just have a bit here, a bit there, for something to do. It's not that big of a deal. I can stop anytime I want. Don't judge me. Halp! I'm being kidnapped by my family for an intervention!

My 12 step program goes something like this

1) research farkle
2) buy farkle
3-8) check UPS tracking
9) receive farkle and rejoice
10) install farkle...usually requires some swearing
11) marvel at the farkle and that I was able to install it
12) repeat starting at step 1
This process has been quite effective for me

3-8) check UPS tracking
9) receive farkle and rejoice

3-8) Cute.

9) My wife calls the UPS Truck the Brown Truck of Joy because of my reaction to it's arrival. Even the dog starts jumping because the driver always brings a dog biscuit.

I would add...

13) The regret side of the cycle when it takes two postal employees to drag the Visa bill up onto the Welcome mat.

Upon buying the bike me and my wife set a limit on the amount I could spend annually on the motorcycle, with the first year only safety gear was fair game to purchase (though after that first year safety gear does not count towards the budget).

The first year I exceeded the limit, by about 70%.

When Twisted Throttle blocks phone calls to their 800-number and you can no longer get into their website, you'll know you've reach the limit! :)

Step 1: Admit that "farkling" has power over you
Step 2: Believe that your wife can have greater control over your wallet than you do
Step 3: Make a decision to turn over your wallet to a higher authority
Step 4: Make a fearless and wretched balancing of your check-book
Step 5: Admit to everyone the exact nature of the evils of "farkling"
Step 6: Be ready to accept your life after "farkling"
Step 7: Humbly ask your higher authority (wife) to take control of your wallet
Step 8: Make a list of all the people who have suffered as a result
Step 9: Make direct amends to those you have hurt during your "farkling" rampage
Step 10: Be able to admit that to your wife that you have a problem every time she says "I told you so"
Step 11: Find yourself spiritually, to help alleviate the pains "farkling" has done to your life
Step 12: Relapse and start the "farkling" process all over again

Simple answer. Get a PO Box at the local post office. Have UPS deliver all packages to the PO Box. Solves wife problem, in that the farkles are on your bike before she notices. When she notices swear all the farkles have been on the bike for years. If this does not work, just duck fast!

Last edited:
Hello, My name is Lee and I am a farkler.

The reasons we have no 12-step program are:

1) No-one really wants to be cured.
2) The way the NC engine is designed rules out any opportunity for "Higher Power"

maybe the best post ever....

I confess unto thee that I am by nature a farkler. I farkle by my fault, by my own fault, by my own most grevious fault... (what can I say... the add-ons are so very tempting). But I seek to amend my life... at least for a while... ok, at least until the next time I look at a catalogue... maybe... oh heck, I guess I just need to accept who I am and enjoy the ride... and the farkles.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back