• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the 2014 NC700 a 49 or 50 state emission bike?

dcman98

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy and bring to CA an NC700. I'd like to know if the CA bike is different, or if they're all the same. A picture of the emissions sticker would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy and bring to CA an NC700. I'd like to know if the CA bike is different, or if they're all the same. A picture of the emissions sticker would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

David

There's a fuel evaporator canister and purge valve on the California models. Other than that, there's nothing else.

See the attached requested images of the CA Emission Sticker.

NC700X_CAEmissionSticker1.jpg

NC700X_CAEmissionSticker2.jpg

I hope this helps you out...

Not sure if they're all 50 state, though I want to say they are. I know StratTuner bought his from out of state (AZ I think), but bordering states often have CA models. Where are you looking to buy one from?

Thank you all for your help. I was looking at a bike in Texas, could save about $1500 over buying it in CA and will be in the area, but I don't want the emissions issue headache, so I'll buy in my neighborhood.

Thanks,

David

my 13 has the CA sticker.

Did you buy it in Georgia? It surprises me that it has the CA sticker because I didn't think Georgia conformed to the California standards.

I'm currently looking at bikes in other states and trying to find one that is compliant. I have a list of 13 states that follow the Cal standards (Georgia's not on the list), but not all of them apply it to motorcycles.

I was under the impression they are 50 state certified.
I know other countries (Canada/Mexico and others) have differences but the ones sold in the U.S. Are the same

There's a fuel evaporator canister and purge valve on the California models. Other than that, there's nothing else.

See the attached requested images of the CA Emission Sticker.

View attachment 27873

View attachment 27874

I hope this helps you out...
I thought for simplicity (of supplier) all the ones sold in the U.S. Are like that.
Heck there's already multiple differences between the U.S. Model and the global model and a handful of other countries with specific lighting or emission standards, I can't imagine there being multiple versions of the same model sold in the U.S. With the modest sales numbers the NC has

Thank you all for your help. I was looking at a bike in Texas, could save about $1500 over buying it in CA and will be in the area, but I don't want the emissions issue headache, so I'll buy in my neighborhood.

Thanks,

David
It would take two days (or one really long one) from Texas to California and then registering a out of state vehicle even a motorcycle is $400 and something or more last time I checked, so might be worth it might not

I thought for simplicity (of supplier) all the ones sold in the U.S. Are like that.
Heck there's already multiple differences between the U.S. Model and the global model and a handful of other countries with specific lighting or emission standards, I can't imagine there being multiple versions of the same model sold in the U.S. With the modest sales numbers the NC has

I'm looking for a DCT model (any year) and can't find any in California. I've called dealers in Arizona, Nevada and New Jersey to ask about the ones on their website and all three told me that theirs aren't certified for California. I have calls into New York and Maryland but they didn't know right away and are still checking.

I'm really surprised they make different models as well since the list price is the same on all of them. But maybe the margins are so low the $20-30 bucks (just guessing) they save on not adding the canister and valve is worth it.

I'm currently looking for any model DCT. In the last week I called to check on all the California DCT models listed in cycletrader and NONE are available.

I know this is far from you; however, my local dealer has a 2015 used DCT with only 4259 miles on it. Unfortunately, it is in Clarksville, Indiana, just across the river from Louisville Ky (you can always have it shipped). Picture confirms it is a dct.
https://www.ccpowersportsclarksvill...s=Year&d=D&fr=xAllInventory&vehicle_msrp=5999

Dang it; forgot you are in CA. Bike probably doesn't meet CARB. Would have to call and find out? I could stop there one day next week and check.

Last edited:
Dang it; forgot you are in CA. Bike probably doesn't meet CARB. Would have to call and find out? I could stop there one day next week and check.

Thanks for the effort! Unfortunately, I've had to learn all about the CA requirements the last week. Non-CARB, used motorcycles can be registered but they need more than 7500 miles. There are 13 other states that follow the CARB regulations, but not all of them apply them to motorcycles (still trying to figure out which ones). But Indiana isn't on the list of 13 states.

You would think it would be easy to just ask the salesman at the dealership to check the sticker, but it surprising difficult to get someone who knows what they're doing (or willing to make the effort). One salesman sent me a pic of the Noise emission sticker on a bike that was the wrong Year and the wrong Model! (CTX700 instead of NC700). Jeeesh!

Thanks for the effort! Unfortunately, I've had to learn all about the CA requirements the last week. Non-CARB, used motorcycles can be registered but they need more than 7500 miles. There are 13 other states that follow the CARB regulations, but not all of them apply them to motorcycles (still trying to figure out which ones). But Indiana isn't on the list of 13 states.

You would think it would be easy to just ask the salesman at the dealership to check the sticker, but it surprising difficult to get someone who knows what they're doing (or willing to make the effort). One salesman sent me a pic of the Noise emission sticker on a bike that was the wrong Year and the wrong Model! (CTX700 instead of NC700). Jeeesh!

I'll stop in there next week and take a look at the sticker....Got to sit on their new 2016 F6B they have priced for $16,000...

Back