• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

is nc750X exactly the same as nc700x except the cc?

I think dropping the linked brakes was a cost saving measure. The linked system's front caliper is a three piston vs two and the associated plumbing and black box. Alone it might not be much $$$ but with the engine and instrument changes it adds up.

Probably honda has a price point to manufacturer the nc. By adding the other things, they had to drop something or make it less expensive some how.

Ken

What I'm wondering if the combine braking does so little on the NC by only applying the front brake when the rear brake pedal, what's the benefit to having it? :confused:

Using the rear brake, only ever activates the centre piston of three pistons in the front caliper. How much it comes into play depends on the pedal pressure applied. The delay valve I confess, is a mystery to me when working together with front brake applied at the same time, and the intricacies of calculation therein.

It's subtle, but it works. It's one of those dreaded you have to own one to know ineffable things, that I simply don't have the ability to articulate well enough to do it any justice, I'm afraid. lol I was anti ABS and super anti "your motorcycle screws around with your brakes for you" before buying and then riding the NC700XA. Now I'm a total convert.

You can start with a little rear brake and the bike settles down a bit, slowing you without any real trace of untoward front end reaction, but you know that there is a force being applied to the front brake nonetheless, and appreciate it. (well I do anyway) You can apply more pedal pressure, and the bike hunkers down a bit noticeably on it's suspension, with a more obvious front end being slowed feel, or you can stomp down pretty good, and there's a more blatant increase, including a wee bit of fork dive to let you know real braking is going on up there, hee hee.

In town, at legal and below speeds, you don't have to use the front brake at all, if you are so inclined. Just using the rear is quite sufficient to stop you in all but most normal circumstances. I'm not counseling for the practice of this, or advocating use of rear brake versus front, or not a proper combination of both as required, just noting a personal observation.

Since the bikes ABS works so well, even in off road conditions, IMHO, I have found after several thousand km's in some pretty gnarly conditions, that all of my arguments and fears against ABS and linked brakes were for naught. Now, there very well may be many owners around the world that disagree with my take on this and point out their dislikes to counter, but since they are not me, and I'm happy with the set up just fine, I can only nod and wish them well. :)

One other thing that I like about the Combined option we owners enjoy (and Beemerphile ;)) is that our front calipers have three pistons to apply braking force on the front disc versus only two.

One thing I will say, is that it works enough, that I would not want a Linked set up on a non ABS bike!

My thoughts.

One other thing that I like about the Combined option we owners enjoy (and Beemerphile ;)) is that our front calipers have three pistons to apply braking force on the front disc versus only two

Here at Spain we have both 700 and 750 models. Mine is a 700XA. After riding a 750XA a couple of times, I can say for sure the 700 brakes more and better than the 750, just because the 700 has one more piston. This is the only reason I keep my 700XA instead of changing to the 750 model. There at the States you can do the same brake test, just compare a manual 700X with a DCT one and you will see what I'm talking about.

one dealer told me today the transmission is also different in this bike.

Are you talking about the Integra, or the differences between the 700 and 750?
The only differences are the higher gearing and the DCT programming.

talking about the topic - so only DCT is programmed differently but manual tranny is the same?

I replaced my rear chain sprocket with a 41 tooth sprocket. I now have a 5% higher gear ratio.
Since the NC750 only has 2 more HP than the NC700, this should not present any problems.
But I will enjoy better mpg and a more relaxed engine while cruising.

That's unfortunate. I recall before the 750 came out that Honda was going to increase the capacity - wish they had.

Oh well!

I have read in motorcycle reviews about two changes which have me convinced to wait for the 750 to come to the states, rather than buy a 700 now:

1) From what I have read, the rev limiter is not so rude as it is on the 700. On the 700, the engine essentially cuts out, which I find unacceptable. On the 750, I have read that the revs are limited but the engine continues to pull. Is this true?

2) From what I have read, the extra torque available from increased displacement allowed gears to be 6% taller across the board, so that the rev limiter would be not be reached so soon in any gear. Is this true?

I have read in motorcycle reviews about two changes which have me convinced to wait for the 750 to come to the states, rather than buy a 700 now:

1) From what I have read, the rev limiter is not so rude as it is on the 700. On the 700, the engine essentially cuts out, which I find unacceptable. On the 750, I have read that the revs are limited but the engine continues to pull. Is this true?

2) From what I have read, the extra torque available from increased displacement allowed gears to be 6% taller across the board, so that the rev limiter would be not be reached so soon in any gear. Is this true?

First statement is false and second statement is true. I do occasionally hit the rev limiter.

Back