• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

is it worthy to get nc750x over nc700???

it's a buyer's psychology - once you bought it you have to justify it for yourself,
and what does it mean better??? drilled down version of one thing cannot be better then the other thing, it can have a little bit more power at most.

I'm thinking that's way too broad a brush to go slapping over wozza's opinion. Just ask me about my "buyer's psychology" and justifying my $20,000.00 BMW purchase...

The bottom line is, you have not owned either, or ridden both, to be able to form an educated opinion, so I would temper the assumption with a wee bit more latitude, myself. :)

Perhaps the preference for one model over another is dependent on riding style and also the area where you live. I, for example, live in a mountainous area with twisty roads and 55 MPH speed limits. Maybe that it why I am happy with the 700. If I had a 750, I would definitely put a 1 or 2 tooth larger rear sprocket on it and get the power and torque benefit of the extra CC's.
In answer to the fellow from Britain regarding the power of the DCT.....we do not get that option in Canada. But we get ABS.

Last edited:
Well I can't add anything to what I've already said really. I just prefer my new bike. So much livelier with far greater flexibility through the gears. I've seen 60mph in 5th gear in D mode before going into 6th when 'on the move'. Whereas the max that I can remember on my 700x DCT was in the late 40s before changing to 6th.

I promise I'll stop waffling now and let you lads continue with the discussion. I even think I've bored myself with what I've said.....lol :D

Last edited:
I've seen 60mph in 5th gear in D mode before going into 6th when 'on the move'. Whereas the max that I can remember on my 700x DCT was in the late 40s before changing to 6th.
:D

It's all about the throttle control. I have the 700x DCT and I have gotten into 70-80's in 5th gear (D mode). If you crank it, she'll stay in lower gears….

OP: "is it worthy to get nc750x over nc700??? "

no

Is it worth getting the 750x over the 700x?

Yes

Buy the 700 if your on a budget. Every review that I read before I bought said if your buying new go for the 750. One of the major complains many had with the 700 was hitting the rev limiter and the bike had no soul. Honda addressed this problem by adding a touch more power and gave the new bike a throaty note. Hitting the rev limiter isn't a problem on the 750. Honda didn't invest in a new motor without a reason. If you can save some coin and that's important buy a 700. If money is not a concern the 750 is what you should be buying.

Is it worth getting the 750x over the 700x?

Yes

Buy the 700 if your on a budget. Every review that I read before I bought said if your buying new go for the 750. One of the major complains many had with the 700 was hitting the rev limiter and the bike had no soul. Honda addressed this problem by adding a touch more power and gave the new bike a throaty note. Hitting the rev limiter isn't a problem on the 750. Honda didn't invest in a new motor without a reason. If you can save some coin and that's important buy a 700. If money is not a concern the 750 is what you should be buying.
Haha. 3 hp and a throaty note gives the bike soul? One could argue that having a bit of character is soul, something that Honda struggles with because they spend so much time polishing off all the rough bits and making the marque "soulless" in the process. So removing the 700's character and making the mill vanilla gives it soul? That is an interesting concept.

Honda didn't do all the revisions to the NC without a reason. If your on a budget buy the 700 and you will be perfectly happy with it. In Canada they are discounted because they're last years model. If you want a touch better performance buy the 750. I couldn't find one reviewer that said the changes on the NC were a waste of time. Everyone liked the changes made to the dash, the extra balance shaft, extra power that keeps you from hitting the rev limiter and a throaty exhaust note for a bit of soul. I'm not on a budget so I wanted the newest and greatest. Soon the 700 will be a distant memory with only a two year production run in most of the world. The Americans will continue to get the "leftovers" until they're gone.

Honda didn't do all the revisions to the NC without a reason. If your on a budget buy the 700 and you will be perfectly happy with it. In Canada they are discounted because they're last years model. If you want a touch better performance buy the 750. I couldn't find one reviewer that said the changes on the NC were a waste of time. Everyone liked the changes made to the dash, the extra balance shaft, extra power that keeps you from hitting the rev limiter and a throaty exhaust note for a bit of soul. I'm not on a budget so I wanted the newest and greatest. Soon the 700 will be a distant memory with only a two year production run in most of the world. The Americans will continue to get the "leftovers" until they're gone.

Neither I nor the OP can easily buy a 750 even if we wanted one, being as we're just getting the leftovers since we're Americans.

Budget really has nothing to do with it.

I have not hit the rev limiter on my 700 for at least the last 11,000 miles. I very rarely need to exceed 4000 RPM, so power is adequate for me. Also, I don't hear or even care about the exhaust sound, either because of the wind or the ear plugs. If it sounded like an electric motor that would be fine with me.

I understand you like your 750, but wow, what an attitude.

Last edited:
Regarding hitting the rev limit,,I totally agree ,,this bike is a long stroke engine,so really not designed to be used at high revs,,,4000 revs is about my limit too ,which works out about 80/85 mph.When I change the sprockets I,m going to go for the smaller rear DCT sprocket to reduce the revs even more and get abit more speed for the same revs...As regards changing to the 750 model.. If you must and do not have the finance,,just invest in a set of Honda 750 stickers ,then you will be able to ride around with a smug grin on your face and everyone will think you have a big chopper,, saying that I can understand Wozza being pleased with his bike,,as the 670ccc has great torque but expect the 750 to be even better....

Talking of torque ,,I test rode the new Suzuki DL1000 vstorm...loved it,,nice and torquey Vee twin,,and the handling was great..I had a little trouble with the big front wheel at first,but after a few miles everything just clicked into place...Would I buy..Ho hum...maybe ,maybe not..the fit and finish is crap compared to Honda.

Haha. 3 hp and a throaty note gives the bike soul? One could argue that having a bit of character is soul, something that Honda struggles with because they spend so much time polishing off all the rough bits and making the marque "soulless" in the process. So removing the 700's character and making the mill vanilla gives it soul? That is an interesting concept.

With all due respect, but until a person has ridden both the 700 and 750 machines it's difficult for anyone who hasn't to make a reasonable comparison.
Of course jumping over to the 750 from the 700 doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever, but how many of us use our common sense when it comes to motorcycles?
After I purchased my 700 I always thought it was a reasonable machine. Shortly after I saw a picture of a red 700S and immediately fell in love. Unfortunately that colour wasn't imported into England. So when the 750 was announced and I saw we were getting a red 750S, I knew immediately I was going to buy one. Common sense didn't come into it, it was purely my desire for a red S model.
In the end I'm glad I made the move as I prefer the 750 over my previous 700 and I know I'll be keeping my 750 for a lot longer than I did the 700. It's down to the simple fact that I find the 750 a more exciting machine to ride and the red S model's absolutely stunning looks ( to me anyhow).

Last edited:
Well I'm gobsmacked reading that Jay Fridays. There is absolutely no way I got anywhere near that on my 700x. Oh well you live and learn....:confused:

I routinely hit that sort of speed in 5th in D mode. Just accelerating along the motorway slip road to match traffic speed sees it stay in 5th until I back off the throttle at about 130kph.

The kick down responds well when you twist the throttle a bit. S is better for hanging on to lower gears whilst riding around but I don't think there's much difference between modes for hard acceleration.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Neither I nor the OP can easily buy a 750 even if we wanted one, being as we're just getting the leftovers since we're Americans.

Budget really has nothing to do with it.

I have not hit the rev limiter on my 700 for at least the last 11,000 miles. I very rarely need to exceed 4000 RPM, so power is adequate for me. Also, I don't hear or even care about the exhaust sound, either because of the wind or the ear plugs. If it sounded like an electric motor that would be fine with me.

I understand you like your 750, but wow, what an attitude.

In Canada and the rest of the world budget has everything to do with it. Last years 700's are deeply discounted. A chap can save himself $2500-$3000 over the 750. This thead has turned into if the 750 is worth the upgrade and to those that have them the little bit more the 750 offers is worth it when money is not a factor. This is not just my opinion, it's every motorcycle journalist opinion.

Your not hitting the rev limiter because you have adjusted to the way the bike needs to be shifted. A complaint of the 700 for first time NC riders was bouncing of the red line. Honda addressed that issue with a touch more power and it seems to have helped.

I'm not sure what "attitude" your referring too? If was the comment that the American's are getting the "leftovers" well that's the reality and you have an issue with Honda.

Last edited:
After thinking about the great 700/750 debate, I doubt that I would go for the 750.
I guess my expectations and preferences are different than most, but I bought the 700 because of a combination of price fuel efficiency, and the upright seating position.
If I were shopping for a bike today and found a brand new 750 on the floor for $10,000 (Just guessing what the US price would be), I doubt that I'd end up buying it. That price point puts it up against some pretty serious competition, and I'd probably look at something like an FZ1 also. I'd have to decide if twice the power, better suspension and brakes, and a little more wind protection would be preferable to the 750 fuel economy and frunk.
If I wanted a DCT, the Honda would win out, but I actually prefer a manual transmission on the bike.

We're all different, and we all have our individual ideas on what the perfect bike would be. I'm sure that many forum members don't feel any of these points are valid, but personally I think the US market is pretty price sensitive. I think the current US 700cc model is at the top of the list of other bikes in its price range. When you add a couple thousand dollars, even with the bump in displacement and improved instrumentation, I'd probably get something else. I'm probably wrong, but in the back of my mind I've got a feeling that the reason the 750 isn't available in the USA is that just maybe someone at Honda feels the same.

Bob

I spoke with a member of my MC club last night. He changed from a 700X dct to a 750X dct. I asked him about the differences. He mentioned slightly more passing power but did not enthuse about it. He mentioned higher gearing and spoke some about alterations in the frequency of gear changes. That was about it and then he changed the subject. My overall feeling was that he had changed his NC with 25000Kms on it for another NC with some slight improvements and that was it. He did not give the impression that there were any huge advantages to the change other than he now had a newer model. To be honest I had expected him to be a little more effusive about the change, but he told me nothing to make me change my mind about keeping the 700 that I have.

Back