• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is it worth buying and changing tires for slightly off-road riding?

That trip will also be all pavement except for a few areas of road repair. The days of unpaved highways in Alaska are long gone. The Alaskan Highway in the U.S. has been completely paved for more than 20 years. Fifteen years ago I rode a half-ton Goldwing GL1800 and had zero issues.....Well, there was that time I hit a long stretch of loose gravel (road repair) in the rain....That wasn't too much fun ;-)

good to know, my riding partner says it should be ok with road tires.

I'm fairly close to you and also planning an Alaska trip this summer, haven't figured out exactly where though. Was thinking probably farther north - maybe even Tuk (I know, not in Alaska).

i'm trying to get my vacation time in. Trying to get a month or a tad less. Target will be around late may till late june

That's awfully early in the year. I might be interested in coming with but would want to do some other riding with you first.

Back