• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Intermittent Starting Problem

groovycat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a 2015 DCT and experiencing my first problem, so was hoping for a bit of a sanity check from you fine folks in terms of having experienced a similar problem and potential causes.

On occasion, when I try to start my bike, it will crank for about a fifth of a second and then it stops cranking as if I had let go of the ignition button completely. It will do this maybe 3 or 4 times and then cranks completely normally until it starts and as if nothing had happened.

I haven't been using it much recently, so charged the battery completely about 10 days ago before using it today. It started 1st time with no problem, I travelled about 30 mins and switched off. ABout 3 hours later, i started it again with no problem, rode for 30 mins and stopped for fuel; on trying to restart after filling, the problem occurred.

I will probably just get a new battery as it is still running the original, but was thinking that there may be more to it than that, like a sticking (ceasing) starter motor.

Would be grateful to hear any ideas!

Thanks,

G.

Hi All,

I have a 2015 DCT and experiencing my first problem, so was hoping for a bit of a sanity check from you fine folks in terms of having experienced a similar problem and potential causes.

On occasion, when I try to start my bike, it will crank for about a fifth of a second and then it stops cranking as if I had let go of the ignition button completely. It will do this maybe 3 or 4 times and then cranks completely normally until it starts and as if nothing had happened.

I haven't been using it much recently, so charged the battery completely about 10 days ago before using it today. It started 1st time with no problem, I travelled about 30 mins and switched off. ABout 3 hours later, i started it again with no problem, rode for 30 mins and stopped for fuel; on trying to restart after filling, the problem occurred.

I will probably just get a new battery as it is still running the original, but was thinking that there may be more to it than that, like a sticking (ceasing) starter motor.

Thanks,

G.
Could it be a faulty petcock ?

Hi All,

Thanks,

G.
Likely battery as other have said.

If not, it could be a corroded contact in the Killswitch, clutch switch, or sidestand switch that is making intermittent contact.

Hi All,

Thanks,

G.
Sounds similar to what mine did when the battery was at end-of-life. Not long before it wouldn't start at all. New battery fixed the issue for me.

it must have a starter solenoid
i couldnt find it on parts fiche
cheap place to start

oops..just found it US$106

Last edited:
Back