• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Intermittent speedometer backlight

toofarr24

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I have a 2012 nc700x and so far so good.
Recently, I've noticed that the backlight on my speedometer is intermittent, and stops working mid ride. The speedometer still works, just not the backlight. Any help is appreciated!

The first thing I would do is disconnect the cable to the display and reconnect.
Not difficult. 10 minutes time.
1. remove windshield
2. 3 screws on back of display-remove
3. after removal of screws, slide the display up/out about 2 inches, you will see the cable connector. Unplug...wait 2 minutes, reconnect plug. Place screws back into display...dont overtighten the screws, place windshield back on bike or leave it off and go for a ride...see if the issue reoccurs...

I'd say it's most likely a loose (but not fully broken) connection. Hopefully just poor contact at the connector, and unplugging and replugging solves it for you.
Other than that I'd check the connectors and harness for damage. If that all checks out, the poor connection could be inside the cluster unit.

Does it flicker at all, or just dump out after a bit?

Back