• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Innovv K2 Install

mtnbiker1185

Reaction score
Visit site
I received an Innovv K2 camera for Christmas and am in the process of installing it. However, I am unsure of where to pull the 12v switched power from. I have a fuse tap to be able to tap into one of the fuses in the fuse box, I also have the Honda accessory sub-harness. I would like to just use the fuse tap but that would require me to modify the fuse box cover to 1. allow the wire to come out and 2. allow the cover to go on with the fuse tap installed. Has anyone used a fuse tap in the fuse box of a 750 (2020 specifically but don't know if the fuse box has changed much) and gotten the cover to go back on? I doubt leaving the cover off is a good idea, but I could be wrong.

Another option is to pull off of the accessory harness. My issues with this is that it comes with plugs already on it and would mean I would either have to buy the corresponding plug to plug directly in or cut the plug off and connect the two wires that way. I don't really like either one of those options, but am leaning more towards cutting the plug off. Plus, I am already running grip warmers off that fuse so not sure if it will be too much when everything is running or not.

The last option, is to splice into a 12v switched wire somewhere else. This requires finding one however and I will probably just cut a plug off the harness first so I don't have to worry about screwing up a critical circuit with a bad splice.

What have other people used for 12v switched power on these bikes when the accessory isn't straight plug and play?

Thank you.

I vote for cutting the plug , or connector off the accessory harness. I’m pretty sure the two cameras don’t take a lot of power to run ( couldn’t hurt to find out for sure, though...)

I vote for cutting the plug , or connector off the accessory harness. I’m pretty sure the two cameras don’t take a lot of power to run ( couldn’t hurt to find out for sure, though...)
Yeah that is what I ended up doing. The fuse that came with the camera is 1 amp so I should be good. I only cut the hot wire on the harness and left enough I could splice it back together if I wanted to. Worst case scenario I buy another harness.

Just an FYI for anyone who may be looking at getting this camera system. If you plan on pulling videos off of it more often than just every once in awhile/when something happens, I would highly recommend finding an easily accessible place to put the DVR. While you can connect to the wifi of the DVR with a phone or computer to view/download the videos, you can't bulk download them. Meaning, you have to download each file one at a time. That can add up to a lot of files real quick depending on how long your loop time is set to considering you have both a front and rear camera.

I put mine on the outside of the battery box on the left hand side. While it is out of the way there and was close to the battery, I will have to take half the plastics off the left side of the bike to get to it if I ever need/want to. I know some people have placed it under the rear seat, but unless you don't connect the + and - wires directly to the battery it will require adding to the existing wires since they are not long enough. I may look at finding a way to move it into the frunk (it may tuck nicely into the cubby for the non-existent tool pouch) or just rerun it to be under the rear seat. Right now I don't plan on needing to really pull videos off of it much, but that may change in the future.

Back