• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inexpensive skid plate

[FONT=&quot]MeterMall Motorcycle Accessories Skid Plate Engine Guard Chassis Protection Cover for Honda NC700X 18-19”[/FONT]

How many 18-19 NC700Xs are there, anyway?

Last edited:
watch the youtube of the hepco becker skid install and note the steps anchor points and hardware that does not come with that and you may determine if it's viable or you're wasting your time. In my experience some of the chinese, alot of them, will shamelessly claim compatibility and it's not even arguable that they are in no way made or could be made to work on your bike.

if it could possibly work and you obviously know you're not getting the best protection, but something much better than nothing. 23 bucks is a no brainer. And of course you know if you're part of that single digit % that takes the NC beyond a gravel road. What I can't figure based on the photo, is how does it not just bash up toward the bike if hit. It doesn't have anything but bolts to which the plate would just smash into the bike. Check the video and the parts swapped out and added to the bike for the skid plate to anchor to. In addition there are shock absorbing rubber donuts in my plate. Also looks as though you'd have a bunch of cap bolts sticking out for those bottom hole attachments. seems like a pretty bad idea for skidding across anything and ripping the outer barrel top off and damaging everything attached. But at 23 clams and some common sense you could get the proper low profile dome head fastener and make it work. If I didn't have one on, I'd be getting one and making the most of it. to be honest.

This is the part that would also concern me “ The measurement allowed error is +/- 1-3cm.”

That’s +\- over 1 inch at the extremes. Bolt holes may not be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the part that would also concern me “ The measurement allowed error is +/- 1-3cm.”

That’s +\- over 1 inch at the extremes. Bolt holes may not be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen this type fitment tolerance disclaimer on other low cost products, often coming from China. But, +/- 1-3 cm is excessive. Perhaps it means 1-3 mm, but it says what it says.

it will be interesting to see when the Op receives his in the mail... waiting with interest! I have mashed mine several times riding Bermed or "Kelly-Humped" logging roads. Lots of scratches on mine but no dents or bends, i ride hard at times but never without due care for my ride! :{)

Many times the photo in the add is generic and does not match the item for the specific bike. It will be interesting to see what arrives in the mail.

JT

Back