• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm getting very impatient!

If anyone is going to buy a modern BMW make sure that you find a very friendly dealer as you will be spending quite a bit of time there waiting for warranty work to be done. I know some of my friends do.
Please note that I post the above as someone who back in the airhead days would not have cinsidered anything other than a BMW

No, the BMW's are standard shift. I think the DCT will be a very nice feature, but I can't be sure since none of the dealers in my area have any demo bikes with DCT.

The new issue of Rider magazine in the US has a two page ad from Honda for the NC. The back of the front cover and the adjoining page. Not a cheap ad. Quoting the ad: "Check it out at your local Honda Dealer."
Early July shipments sound very plausible.

Mike, I wouldn't pay any dealer/retailer in advance! You never know if the dealer is still in business when it is time to deliver. Especially if they demand payment in advance! Maybe a small amount like $100 is acceptable, but nothing more.

Not all the dealers are getting the NC's in the States. If you find a dealer that is getting a couple, a deposit may be the only way you can get one.
The dealer that I am buying one from just called and said mine should arrive around 7-20 at his shop.
He is getting three, two have deposits on them already.
I doubt the third will last very long, because there is a lot of interest in a high mpg bike that's not a crotch rocket or cruiser.

I just got off the phone with my dealer in Connecticut - Manchester Honda, and he seemed to be quite firm in his delivery dates. He said the 6 speed will be released on 7/30 (from warehouse I assume) so shipping time and assembly will add a week or so. He said the DCT will be released on 9/4. He spoke as if the dates were firm.
And he said the only color is silver. I put a deposit on the only DCT he ordered. I called most CT dealers and Manchester was the only one I talked to that had ordered the DCT version.

I went hunting for one this past week down in the Lansing, Michigan area. The first dealer told me they were going to get one some time this month. The second dealer (A much smaller "Mom and Pop" type dealer) told me he had heard Honda was going to allocate the bikes to the bigger Powerhouse dealers first. He was thinking he might not see one till late FALL!! (And that would be way too late for him...or me for that matter!)
With the limited release of these bikes and the suspected demand, it may be very hard to get a ride on one. (Kinda sounding like Guzzi! LOL.)

Hi Northrider. I'm in Northern Michigan also, Iosco County to be a little more exact. My instincts told me that Honda would take care of their "larger volume" dealers first, when it comes to the NC. This is the reason I mailed my $500 deposit yesterday to Vehicle City Motorsports in Flint. Linwood Cycle & Steven's Cycle (Bay City) are much closer to me, but they are smaller outfits. I called Honda Motorcycle North America today and asked for an e.t.a. for the NC. The guy told me that after the dealer gets my deposit and places the order with Honda, my bike should arrive "within a few weeks".

Last edited:
I guess the NC700X is up for Sale in some parts of the United States..

Honda : Other in Honda | eBay Motorcycles

Too bad for me that I have to continue to wait for it to reach the Northeast side of the United States... too far for me to go pick this one up.

Maybe someone who is searching for one may be closer?

North Hollywood Honda in Southern California finally got their first NC700x standard transmission model yesterday. Went over to check it out. My DCT/ABS should arrive by first week in August. They had to order two DCT's because they received two down payments on them. So far he says the DCT's are more popular than the standards, which blows my mind. This is the US of A, after all...

Last edited:
Back