• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm getting very impatient!

Broken Arrow

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me when the NC700X will arrive in America? I can't get a straight answer from any dealer here in New York.
Some say Summer 2012; others say that because of the tsunami, it won't be until 2013!

Does anyone out there really know?

Sorry man, this question is like "are there really aliens and UFOs"...
No one is sure, until you actually see the NCXs in the shop or in the warehouse.
Last I heard is July 2012.

Hope this helps.
~Joe

Hello from upstate NY. My dealer said that it will be the end of July or early August. I'm hoping to bend the ear of at least one Honda guy this Tuesday at Americade. My dealer will be there as well and will try to get some info. His CSR couldn't even find out which bikes will be available for demo rides this week. Unbelievable how in the dark they are!

Tony

Last edited:
In Beaverton, Oregon, they tell me July at the earliest. They also told me that there will be very few available for all of 2012. They're a big Honda dealership and might only get two NC's for the year. Apparently, the rest of the world is buying them like crazy and the factory can't keep up. (All rumors, of course)

This is a small bike (small cc, small PS) and therefore it is not surprising it is slow in coming into the USA.
Big is beautiful in the Big US of A....correct?
:p

I have been told July by a dealer in NJ, but I am having another dealer in MA call their Honda rep and see what he says. I can handle July, but if it is pushed backed to August I am going to be pissed! Especially since it has already been pushed back from June to July!

By the time it gets here the summer is going to be over and I will not be able to ride it due to snow!

Good news... my Honda Dealer (in Buffalo NY) called me today to confirm that Honda has responded to my order with an order/delivery number! Outstanding! As planned, after my deposit, I'm 1st in line in the Western NY Area! The bad news... My dealer said that he expects delivery to be mid July to as late as early August. Brutal! Good thing I have another bike!! Now I'm getting impatient...

N Tex Honda told me 45 days as of the day they could place the orders. Very strange process- I bring money, they take, not sure when they will be permitted to place orders. Expect manual machines mid July.

Mike, I wouldn't pay any dealer/retailer in advance! You never know if the dealer is still in business when it is time to deliver. Especially if they demand payment in advance! Maybe a small amount like $100 is acceptable, but nothing more.

Mike, I wouldn't pay any dealer/retailer in advance! You never know if the dealer is still in business when it is time to deliver. Especially if they demand payment in advance! Maybe a small amount like $100 is acceptable, but nothing more.

I totally agree. Even if they are a big established garage, it is quite fishy that they need you to pay something. I hope it was not more than a token sum.
Wish you good luck!

I agree. My dealer asked for a $500 100% refundable deposit. Which I was not concerned about in that I get his first NCX in the door. My Dealer has been around for over 15 years and I have already purchased three other bikes over the years from him so I have a pretty good relationship. Can't be too careful though...

Well I gave $200 to my dealer in North Hollywood, CA to be first in line when one comes to the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. I don't expect the dealership to go anywhere this year or next year. They are well established. By the way, i was also told they may not get more than one or two of these. Kind of a big deal, this bike coming to the USA. And I agree, end of July sucks as nearly half the summer gone.

I have the DCT/ABS version on order. I was told by the dealer in Beaverton, Oregon that they have received confirmation for their first non-ABS model for the end of July. My bike won't be here until August at the earliest. They have a Yamaha Super-Tenere on the showroom floor that looks very sweet, but it's $4,500 US more on the sticker, much heavier than the Honda NC, and I suspect a lot more money to the insurance company every month. I couldn't help taking another look at the Versys and V-Strom's, too, which are just sitting there in the showroom, waiting for their new owners. But what is really starting to call my name is the BMW F 650 GS. It's got an 800cc parallel twin, ABS, fuel tank under the seat (like the NC). And it's about the same price point as the Honda NC DCT/ABS model. Hmmmm.... how long can I wait, Honda?

I was just told last week that the NCX is not going to be shipped from Honda until August, which means they wouldn't get it until September. Unfortunately, I have said enough, and just went ahead and bought 2006 Yamaha FZ6.

Wish you all well in your NCX journeys!

I have the DCT/ABS version on order. I was told by the dealer in Beaverton, Oregon that they have received confirmation for their first non-ABS model for the end of July. My bike won't be here until August at the earliest. They have a Yamaha Super-Tenere on the showroom floor that looks very sweet, but it's $4,500 US more on the sticker, much heavier than the Honda NC, and I suspect a lot more money to the insurance company every month. I couldn't help taking another look at the Versys and V-Strom's, too, which are just sitting there in the showroom, waiting for their new owners. But what is really starting to call my name is the BMW F 650 GS. It's got an 800cc parallel twin, ABS, fuel tank under the seat (like the NC). And it's about the same price point as the Honda NC DCT/ABS model. Hmmmm.... how long can I wait, Honda?

If it is the same price, i'd objectively say go for the Bmer.
If it is over 15%, then don't say it is the same price point.
:(

Over here in Europe, a NC700X is 8kchf while the F650GS is 10-11kchf.

I just checked BMW of Western Oregon and they have a G 650 GS in stock (VIN Y94154) with ABS at $8,976.00 US. That's just hair cheaper than the $8,999.00 I was quoted for the NC700X. The more powerful F 650 GS is only available with a bunch of custom mods for about $12K, but I don't care for the extras. Yes, the BMW would be quite a bit more expensive to maintain, but really we're talking about maybe $2,000 more over five years at the high end. The BMW has two years on the warranty vs. one year for Honda. (Hmmm -- just saw that the G 650 is a single cylinder thumper. Not for me. So yeah, the parallel twin F 650 GS is about 10% to 15% more than Honda.)

Last edited:
Hi all,
really feeling for you that are still waiting! It may be worth the wait, but there are some lovely bikes out there...
Still cannot believe that we could just walk into the show room, "I want this one!" and a "that's fine, come and get it in 2 days, we have to do this and that", and yes, that was that an in January!
Good luck to all.

I just checked BMW of Western Oregon and they have a G 650 GS in stock (VIN Y94154) with ABS at $8,976.00 US. That's just hair cheaper than the $8,999.00 I was quoted for the NC700X. The more powerful F 650 GS is only available with a bunch of custom mods for about $12K, but I don't care for the extras. Yes, the BMW would be quite a bit more expensive to maintain, but really we're talking about maybe $2,000 more over five years at the high end. The BMW has two years on the warranty vs. one year for Honda. (Hmmm -- just saw that the G 650 is a single cylinder thumper. Not for me. So yeah, the parallel twin F 650 GS is about 10% to 15% more than Honda.)

What I am about to say, will be slammed by some as imbecile or may be tickling some in the funny bone.

If you have never owned a BMW, and now you can afford one, I propose you go ahead and buy one.

It will give you a feeling people describe as "p-nis extension" and it gives you a "high" whenever you stop at the lights with other "lowly" bikes of other makes. If you can afford the top of the line GS or K series, even better. Riding a BMW or driving one, gives one the feeling of "you have arrived", you have precision technology in your control (ownership). You are one of the finer riders out there. Yoohoo!!

I once owned a BMW bike (not new), but I did get that feeling for quite a long while.
Pride.
There is a cost to it. In CH, it is not more costly to maintain.

Hope you see the funny side of my post.
:cool:

Once my children are more independent and my wife is "free", I am going to buy the baddest, moost expensive BMW tourer, etc ....to satisfy my current abstinence....
Money, is no object. You cannot take it with you...

Back