• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Idea's for tires that would work better off road?

How about AVON Distanzia? they have 17in in sizes. View attachment 1146

In our size, I believe that these will be the supermoto compound. I would expect a great road tire but unacceptable (to me) tread life.

ETA: I confirmed that the 120/70-17 and 160/60-17 sizes are SM compound. Good luck with that off-road.

Last edited:
I hope Beemer will report about the MT60's before I have to change my tyres :eek:

I rode several miles of gravel and washboard dirt roads today. I had no problem with the stock Metzlers but the suspension really sucked. I'll get that fixed before I even consider different tires.

What Lee was pointing out is, Avon makes the Distanzia in two distinct compound formulas. One is a sport-touring, medium compound tire that should offer good grip and decent life. The other is a supermoto compound that is very, very soft. It'll get excellent grip, but it will also wear out very quickly -- especially touring at speed I'd imagine.

Distanzia | Avon Tyres

The 'SM' on the end of the sizing denotes the supermoto compound.

trey

I am useing tkc they work the best off road, the work very good on dry pavement, i can still rub the pegs, and work good in the wet, but i dont corner as hard. I have put on 32000 miles on tkc this year, about 13000 of that off road.

No they were on my r1200gsa but i wore the bike out, ill have that mileage or more this time next year, going to ride in the snow this sunday , maybe ill need the winch???. Remind me next year ill tell how many sets of tkc it took.

No they were on my r1200gsa but i wore the bike out, ill have that mileage or more this time next year, going to ride in the snow this sunday , maybe ill need the winch???.

Well, I have never worn a BMW out, but mine is down for extensive PM after this summer's trip to Prudhoe Bay and Inuvik. Suspension, brakes, and clutch all need airing out.

Remind me next year ill tell how many sets of tkc it took.

You may beat me straight up, but I intend to give you a run for your money if my health holds. But I warn you: I am retired; have a pleasantly tempered and understanding wife; and operate with neither good sense nor a budget.

I still work five days a week as a honda master tech, for the last 41 years. I have a one hundred mile round trip work to home. I always ride on sundays and mondays, sometimes 500 miles a day. Longest day ride was to LA it was 1145 miles. I have most of the dirt roads in washington mapped on my 550 and 660 garmin. I have a budget but i can order in, the wife is cool with it. She says just finish one bike or car at a time please.

I still work five days a week as a honda master tech, for the last 41 years. I have a one hundred mile round trip work to home. I always ride on sundays and mondays, sometimes 500 miles a day. Longest day ride was to LA it was 1145 miles. I have most of the dirt roads in washington mapped on my 550 and 660 garmin. I have a budget but i can order in, the wife is cool with it. She says just finish one bike or car at a time please.

I'm toast.

I am useing tkc they work the best off road, the work very good on dry pavement, i can still rub the pegs, and work good in the wet, but i dont corner as hard. I have put on 32000 miles on tkc this year, about 13000 of that off road.

Wow. That must be a record for a motorcycle tyre, unless you have added one too many zeros ?

Back