• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I would not change my nc750x for tiger XCx

W

wildeone

Today I have experienced big disappointment with tiger and I don't understand from where all those raving reviews come from about the triple engine, its smoothness, fly by wire, flat torque curve etc etc. Nothing was true during my test ride. I hated ride by wire, felt disconnected from the bike. Engine not much smoother then my twin on nc750x, and that annoying high pitch sound, awful! Torque? didn't notice it, without revving the engine doesn't really exist. No comparison to nc750x at all. Now something I don't understand - the suspension, it was supposed to be very good WP stuff etc. I tested "road" and "off-road" settings and couldn't tell much of a difference from my honda "crappy" suspension on very bumpy road, where I test all bikes usually. Experience was terrible. Final nail in the coffin was the dashboard...what a mess :mad: I was offered $3k off the tag price and I didn't want it, no tiger for me. F800GS or new Africa Twin maybe.

View attachment 25526

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting review. Thanks. I was thinking of the xRx as a replacement for my NC700x but I have yet to test ride one.

I forgot about one more negative - it was sunny day around 86F (30C) and after a while my left thigh was getting very hot from air flowing to,
probably from the exhaust or engine itself. Really unpleasant. I don't imagine riding longer trip in heat on this bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I have experienced big disappointment with tiger and I don't understand from where all those raving reviews come from about the triple engine, its smoothness, fly by wire, flat torque curve etc etc. Nothing was true during my test ride. I hated ride by wire, felt disconnected from the bike. Engine not much smoother then my twin on nc750x, and that annoying high pitch sound, awful! Torque? didn't notice it, without revving the engine doesn't really exist. No comparison to nc750x at all. Now something I don't understand - the suspension, it was supposed to be very good WP stuff etc. I tested "road" and "off-road" settings and couldn't tell much of a difference from my honda "crappy" suspension on very bumpy road, where I test all bikes usually. Experience was terrible. Final nail in the coffin was the dashboard...what a mess :mad: I was offered $3k off the tag price and I didn't want it, no tiger for me. F800GS or new Africa Twin maybe.

View attachment 25526
I agree completely regarding with the off putting annoying high pitch sound the engine makes. Sounds like a bad bearing screaming. I hated to rev the engine too high for that awful high pitched sound. Didn't want to blow the engine?

I have the 1200 Explorer but long before I purchased it I tried one of the 800's. Tbh it left me cold. Been there, done that, no further interest. It is interesting that two bikes that share many characteristics can be so different. By comparison the 1200 is one of the best bikes I have owned despite some questions over reliability.

I'd find it annoying too if I rode a bike with a constant high pitched "whistle". Only way to hide it is to buy a loud aftermarket can.

the worse part is that whistle is kinda disconnected from the torque so it's really strange feeling when riding.
It was the first bike I have tested that I wanted to come back earlier from the ride back to dealer...

Well everyone brings their own frame of reference along but I've got nothing but good things to say about my Tiger 800 after 11,000 miles. I really liked my NC700X and did experience remorse at selling it for the Triumph but after that passed I've come to really enjoy the Tiger. The sound and feel of a triple is very much part of the experience. They make a different sound and to me that's not a bad thing - just different - but then I also love the whine emitted by my V4 Honda.

Much of the motorcycle world does not understand or like the NC700 concept and execution of low power and high efficiency so of all riders we that do get on with the NC concept should understand that different is just different.

Well everyone brings their own frame of reference along but I've got nothing but good things to say about my Tiger 800 after 11,000 miles. I really liked my NC700X and did experience remorse at selling it for the Triumph but after that passed I've come to really enjoy the Tiger. The sound and feel of a triple is very much part of the experience. They make a different sound and to me that's not a bad thing - just different - but then I also love the whine emitted by my V4 Honda.

Much of the motorcycle world does not understand or like the NC700 concept and execution of low power and high efficiency so of all riders we that do get on with the NC concept should understand that different is just different.

I have no problem that you like your tiger, although coming from nc700x is kinda weird you like this engine. I would take ncx motor over tiger triple any time of the day.
I said I didn't personally like this bike at all, not even one thing on it and that part I couldn't understand because tiger had pretty good opinions...don't get it how come.
I believe tiger is 100% street bike and have no place in adventure segment, again my personal opinion.

Also ncx type of engine is going to be more popular, new Africa Twin will have one.

Back