• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Used to Have Trouble Getting it Up

I just don't know what happened on the day I pulled the muscle in the back of my leg. I've been putting bikes ( and far heavier bikes than the NC) on the centre stand for many a year. I just can't explain what happened on that particular day other than I never want to go through that experience again.

It's kinda funny, but I've found that having someone describe how to put a bike on a center stand or watching a video never helped me much. It seems to be one of those things you just have to do until you accidentally find the right angle to pull up with the hand and push down with your foot. Once you hit on the right combination it becomes almost as easy to use as the side stand.
When it comes to taking the bike off the stand I used to sit on the bike and rock forward until I got the GL1800. I found on the GoldWing it was a bunch easier to just stand on the left side of the bike and pull it off, and I've continued to do it that way on the NC. What works for me is to put the left hand on the left handlebar grip and the right hand on the passenger grab rail. I then pull with the right hand and just use the left to keep the handlebars straight or just slightly to the left. I've found the bike has no tendency to fall away from me and it seems just as stable and a lot easier than rocking forward while sitting on the bike. The only thing to remember is to NOT push on the handlebar and just pull on the rail to get the bike moving forward off the stand.
I've also found the left hand guiding the handlebar and the right pulling on the grab rail is the easiest way for me to move the bike around in the garage. Again as long as I pull or push with the grab rail only and just use the hand on the handlebar to steer, the bike is really easy to control. By the way, I didn't come up with this technique. One day I took a bike in for service and got there just as the dealership was opening. This was the method they used to roll their display bikes out to the parking lot in front of the building.

Your mileage may vary, but that is what works for me.
Bob

I have never had a problem. Maybe weighing 200+ helps. I put all my weight in the center stand and lift with the right hand. She goes up with ease.

A couple of days ago I switched from sneakers to hard-soled safety shoes and discovered I didn't have to lift at all.

I know this thread is no longer active but wanted to chime in as a long time rider of scooters that were "too tall" for me. Never could roll the bike off the stand while sitting...not enough boot on the ground to get it done.

Never dropped one taking it off the stand (even the 500 pound beast) but was always careful of the center of gravity. Simply a reverse of the methods described for "getting it up". Hold the passenger rail with one hand, handlebar with the other and roll the bike forward off the stand. Always making sure the weight of the bike is slightly toward you, not away.
5'4" with length challenged arms. Easy peasy Japanesy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back