• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Spy 5000m Alarm install

Alabama Al

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to put a alarm on my NC700x. After some reserch on the internet I settled on a I Spy 5000m Alarm with the microwave sensor. I purchased it from ebay for about $100.00. I did not want to use the engine start or anti hijacking function or hitch it up to the lights. I just want it to go off if someone messes with the bike, or gets too close to it. Also I wanted one that would page me. I installed the Brain & siren under the right side air duct & the LED light in the front crowl on the right side. I put the antenna under the left air duct passing the wire along the rear of the air cleaner. The hard part was installing the microwave sensor. It is not waterproff and to work properly has to be in the front of the bike fasing toward the rear. I super glewed it to the battery cover inside the frunk & drilled a hole in it for the wire, then sealed it. I also installed a on-off switch in the cover to completely shut it off. The alarm will restart itself after 25seconds unless you start the bike. It takes me longer than that to put my helmet & gloves on, than get on the bike. I had to play with the sensitivity of the microwave sensor & now it works like I wanted it to. The remote has good range and tells you if the bike got bumped or if the microwave sencer went off. The siren is very loud. So far I am happy with it.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a good value. What kind of warranty does it have?
I'll be getting an alarm for my bike instead of just using a disc lock by itself.

It has a 1 year warrantee100_0486.jpg100_0487.jpg100_0488.jpg The first photo is the microwave sensor super glued to the maintance lid. There is a switch just left of it for the alarm, left of the switch is a 15Amp D.C. circut braker for the 12V. cigarett lighter in the frunk & also I installed a power let plug below the seat for my heated gear. The next photo is the LED for the alarm. And the last one is the siren.

Hi. I wonder if you can help me? I've just installed this alarm - the indicators click but do not flash. Can I check which wires you tapped for the indicators? Their instructions told me to use the orange and light blue wires - so I did that at the rear...

I have the Spy5000m as well... Mine works GREAT !! all the functions. ( The Auto-Ignition is my FAVORITE !! )I had it installed by an alarm shop though. I didn't dare mess the with auto start/kill by myself...lol. And there is no warranty/made in china/ Instructions are HORRIBLE !! ( to answer the Bubba's question ) But they make some things good out there...;) ( minus the install instructions..lol )

:confused: One question though!!! :confused:

I have had mine installed for about 5 months, and it has worked flawlessly. However, Recently the Remotes started draining the batteries like crazy !! I'm talking a brand new battery in a couple hours....

Let me know if you ever experience this. I read somewhere that you may have to replace the remotes if they act up... I'm really hoping that I just bought a "dud" pack of batteries... I'm waiting to go thought the 20 pack before I buy more...lol

ONE more question !! ..lolI assume the switch is for heated elements. But what is the red light/button for? Indicator for the heated function?

Last edited:
Hi. I wonder if you can help me? I've just installed this alarm - the indicators click but do not flash. Can I check which wires you tapped for the indicators? Their instructions told me to use the orange and light blue wires - so I did that at the rear...

I did not do the install, but my mechanic was happy when he found out that if the diagram shows, for examply," yellow / white ", it means the yellow wire coming from the brain goes to the white wire coming from the bike. You are not supposed to look for a single yellow and white wire. I really don't know if this helps AT ALL, but I thought I'd let you know...lol

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks Jay Fridays. Problem was duff connection due to snap fit connectors. Onto next problem - finding and accessing the feed from the starter at the back of the fuse box..

Sweeeeet!! I'm glad you finally got it going...
:)
I figured out how to get the video of mine to post on here finally....lol[video=youtube;fmz6crFBmtA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmz6crFBmtA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

hey everyone
I just joined this site to get some info on this alarm

I got this 5000m alarm connected to 2 different bikes so far I just did the lights, led,siren and basic positive wire install
so it alarms when you hit or move the bike

I would like to be able to connect the wiring to disable the ignition but the schematic comes with is very confusing
and im an electrician and usually could read schematics
Dont really care about auto start the bikes are carb

of course I notice right away the instructions are labeled horribly which makes it even harder to understand

So I said forget the schematic let me use my volt meter
I was hoping a set of wires or even one wire would be open when alarmed, and closed when disarmed
then I could just tie either my key, or something to those wires to have it disabled

but no luck
I found the pink and gray and closed, but all the time
they never open but for a split second after pressing the auto start button

all other spare wires seem not to do anything

You would think I could pick up something using a meter set on continuity but only the pink and gray ring out
even tried the dc volt setting but still nothing

any suggestions
The bike I wanted to do the ignition cutoff on is a klx250s
From my service manual it claims the key is only 2 wires but I have not torn apart the front yet to verify

where in the instructions with the alarm they show a 3 and 4 wire key

any suggestions?

Hi, just purchased an nc700 which has a Spy5000m fitted. Unfortunate y, I have no instructions on how to use the alarm. Through trial and error I can now use the bike without the alarm screeching at me during the disarm process but I need to adjust the sensitivity of the proximity sensor. I have no idea how to do this. Does anybody have the user guide for this alarm or at least some information on how to set it up?
Cheers

Found this in the comments on a Youtube video, good luck.

+Moto ciklista Yes the manual on the new version has all that. Press the Unlock Button until it beeps and then use the Look button to cycle trough the levels of sensitiveness 1 to 5 -> 1 is more sensitive and 5 is less. After all that Press Unlock again to save

We have this alarm fitted, and I thought I would just add that if you require a spare remote, as they do go, you can get them from Aliexpress for a reasonable amount, we found this out after days of searching the internet when one of our remotes stopped working.

Red, reviving this thread. Did you ever get everything installed? Just bought the alarm and looking to do the installation myself. Are all the connection snap-on or did you have to split any wires? Any additional tips you think my help?

Thanks

I had paid to have mine installed by an auto-alarm company. It was only $150 and saved me a lot of headache, confusion and--most likely--physical pain and suffering…lol

I had paid to have mine installed by an auto-alarm company. It was only $150 and saved me a lot of headache, confusion and--most likely--physical pain and suffering…lol

I would like a shop to install mine but so far, only one shop around my way does it, and it closes at 6pm...

It has a 1 year warranteeView attachment 3232View attachment 3233View attachment 3234 The first photo is the microwave sensor super glued to the maintance lid. There is a switch just left of it for the alarm, left of the switch is a 15Amp D.C. circut braker for the 12V. cigarett lighter in the frunk & also I installed a power let plug below the seat for my heated gear. The next photo is the LED for the alarm. And the last one is the siren.

Great job.. where did you put the siren? I am struggling finding a place to put the siren..

Back