• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Might Have Found R380 Grand Prix Red Paint for the 2021 NC750xd

The Phoenix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some time ago I shared one of my less brilliant ideas of riding with 12 inch square concrete paver in my lap while riding home. As you can imagine I had scratches on a number of panels which led to my search for touch up paint. Ultimately I was able to find a small pen from overseas. Many members of the forum were kind enough to share their searches and approaches to finding paint none of who had much success except for having a body shop make some quantity of paint through Honda's paint formula.

Recently I was thinking about painting some of the silver body panels red - obviously needing a significant amount of R380 Grand Prix Red. I checked the Colorrite website (https://www.colorrite.com/product/grand-prix-red-r80-4117.cfm) which was recommended to me previously. Although the 2021 NC750x is listed as a model the inquiry does not return any relevant information but the color Grand Prix Red (R380) does show up as the color Grand Prix Red (R380) for the 2021 CBR1000RR-R in quantities larger than a touch-up pen and from a US vendor:

32oz_colorcoat.gif

Grand Prix Red R380​

Just to make sure I sent Customer Service at Colorrite the following question:

"Hello. I have a 2021 Honda NC750xd abs which has been identified as having the paint color R380 Grand Prix Red in a paint code identified by the dealership from which I purchase the MC. On the search function on Colorite while the Year/Make/and Model can be entered the results do not identify R380. By some inadvertent stroke of luck I found that the 2021 CBR1000RR-R also identifies R380 Grand Prix Red as the paint color.I had the opportunity to buy a R380 touchup pen so I am comfortable that it matches the color on the NC750 so my question is this:"Is the R380 Grand Prix Red paint list for the 2021 Honda CBR1000 RR-R the same R380 Grand Prix Red color applicable to the 2021 NC750xd abs?
Thanks in advance for your consideration of my question and time to respond. Sincerely, "

When I get a response I will share it with the membership just in case any other members are also interested in finding a (possible) resource.

Last edited:
I've not heard back from my inquiry to Colorrite Customer Service but in the interim I decided to purchase a small bottle of the Grand Prix Red 2380 for the CBR1000RR-R as listed
On a piece of ABS plastic I compared two samples - The Honda R380 Grand Prix Red, identified for the 2021 NC750x that I previously purchased on ebay (white jar at the bottom of the picture) and a sample of the Colorrite 2380 Grand Prix Red, identified for the CBR1000RR-R (black jar at the top of the picture). Hopefully the attached picture will be clear enough to compare the two samples. Frankly there doesn't seem to be any discernable difference in color to me and from I can tell Colorrite does offer touch-up paint (and larger sizes) for the Honda NC750 Grand Prix Red - however you won't find it listed under the 2021 NC750xd but you will find it listed for the CBR1000RR-R.

Colorite 2380 Grand Prix Red vs Honda R380 Grand Prix Red.jpg

Thank you, this is very helpful. I am planning to go with the red and getting rid of the "primer blue" color of my '23.

Thank you, this is very helpful. I am planning to go with the red and getting rid of the "primer blue" color of my '23.
Some people seem to like the “primer blue”. With there being so few painted parts on the latest NC body style, maybe you could trade someone for red panels.

BklynBoy and others,
I might have missed somewhere in the messages after your original post but, you really don't have to go to Colorite or overseas or any specialty store for purchasing the correct color match paint to your bike. All you have to do is, find any one of many either Napa, Carquest or other paint mixing facilities, including many body shops now, that will have a very special computerized *gun* that when pointed at your paint, it will log in the EXACT COLOR, including any fading. Then, the person using that gun, will go in and tranfer the readings to a computer that will then calculate all the amounts of special mixing colors, to the GRAMS! And, you can typically have made, anywhere from a gallon down to a pint. The last two times I did some booboos with my motorhome, the companies that did the body works didn't even want the color code numbers from me. They *RED* the paint with that gun right from the adjacent areas next to where the body was damaged.

When we picked up the motorhome, and all the body and paint work was complete, there is no way on this planet you could ever tell there was any damage or paint work done. Both sections of the damage, two different companies in two different states, did superb work and absolute PERFECT paint matching!

I don't know if you've seen or red my threads here on "This thing is Ugly" but, I recently bought a 2020 NC750X DCT and it was ALL BLACK. I'm one of those that doesn't like all black stuff so, I tore the bike down for painting. I really like our present Jeeps color, Hydro Blue Pearl so, I buzzed on down to my local Napa auto parts store and had them *Blend* up all the correct colors to make me that paint. When I got done painting all the black parts on the bike and did the clearcoat and all that, it's a phenomenal absolute perfect match for our Jeep but, is now on the bike. I also had the wheels powder coated in High Silver with clear coat and to me that bike now looks great. Anyway, I just thought I'd suggest that you can very easily obtain the exact color match paint without going through a lot of pain.
Scott

Attachments

• 70207408943__791E6734-D706-4BCB-BEDF-BB9B9963389D.JPG
    70207408943__791E6734-D706-4BCB-BEDF-BB9B9963389D.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5737.JPG
    IMG_5737.JPG
    832.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5743.JPG
    IMG_5743.JPG
    783.5 KB · Views: 8
BklynBoy and others,
I might have missed somewhere in the messages after your original post but, you really don't have to go to Colorite or overseas or any specialty store for purchasing the correct color match paint to your bike. All you have to do is, find any one of many either Napa, Carquest or other paint mixing facilities, including many body shops now, that will have a very special computerized *gun* that when pointed at your paint, it will log in the EXACT COLOR, including any fading. Then, the person using that gun, will go in and tranfer the readings to a computer that will then calculate all the amounts of special mixing colors, to the GRAMS! And, you can typically have made, anywhere from a gallon down to a pint. The last two times I did some booboos with my motorhome, the companies that did the body works didn't even want the color code numbers from me. They *RED* the paint with that gun right from the adjacent areas next to where the body was damaged.

When we picked up the motorhome, and all the body and paint work was complete, there is no way on this planet you could ever tell there was any damage or paint work done. Both sections of the damage, two different companies in two different states, did superb work and absolute PERFECT paint matching!

I don't know if you've seen or red my threads here on "This thing is Ugly" but, I recently bought a 2020 NC750X DCT and it was ALL BLACK. I'm one of those that doesn't like all black stuff so, I tore the bike down for painting. I really like our present Jeeps color, Hydro Blue Pearl so, I buzzed on down to my local Napa auto parts store and had them *Blend* up all the correct colors to make me that paint. When I got done painting all the black parts on the bike and did the clearcoat and all that, it's a phenomenal absolute perfect match for our Jeep but, is now on the bike. I also had the wheels powder coated in High Silver with clear coat and to me that bike now looks great. Anyway, I just thought I'd suggest that you can very easily obtain the exact color match paint without going through a lot of pain.
Scott
Scott, first let me say that the blue color is beautiful and you did an outstanding job painting your NC the quality of which I can only hope for should I venture into painting some of my panels in the near future.
I have been reading your posts on "This thing is Ugly" and appreciate what you have shared including this most recent one. When I first sought to find touch up paint Honda R380 and asked for assistance many members gave some excellent suggestions, including those you share. Unfortunately at the time I could not find a company that was inclined to mix a small bottle of touch up paint. And it has been only recently as I consider to paint a few silver panels red that I happened to stumble upon Colorite's R380 albeit listed for another MC. I'm guessing had I wished to buy a larger quantity of paint that I might have sourced more vendors at the time.
Again, great paint job.
Norm

Scott, first let me say that the blue color is beautiful and you did an outstanding job painting your NC the quality of which I can only hope for should I venture into painting some of my panels in the near future.
I have been reading your posts on "This thing is Ugly" and appreciate what you have shared including this most recent one. When I first sought to find touch up paint Honda R380 and asked for assistance many members gave some excellent suggestions, including those you share. Unfortunately at the time I could not find a company that was inclined to mix a small bottle of touch up paint. And it has been only recently as I consider to paint a few silver panels red that I happened to stumble upon Colorite's R380 albeit listed for another MC. I'm guessing had I wished to buy a larger quantity of paint that I might have sourced more vendors at the time.
Again, great paint job.
Norm
Norm,
You are quite welcome Sir! As stated in one of my many posts, I've been a "DIY" type for decades. That means any and all types of mechanical repair, alteration, modification etc. And of course, I've dabbled in painting too. I used to do quite a bit of Lacquer based paints. That was cool because I could shoot something and 15 minutes later, I could sand out imperfections and re-shoot. Then, using 1000 or 1500 grit sandpaper, prep for polishing. But, lacquer based paints are not used much anymore. Urethane Acrylic paints and even water based (yuck)! paints are the name of the game now. I've done Dupont Centauri based and what used to be their top-of-the-line, IMRON! Now there's a top quality and seriously tough paint. It's also SERIOUSLY dangerous to spray in terms of health. You better have the best respirator money can buy if you're gonna shoot that, if you can find it.

As for your bike and the color from Colorite, it's really too bad that we as NC owners, couldn't get together as a group chip in and buy a quart or even a gallon and split it up between many. That way, lots of like-colored NC owners could maybe play with various parts with matching paint. Of course everyone would have to have paint equipment like a gun, compressor, air line, etc. Not many are willing to invest in something like that for a one time project.

Anyway, thank you very much again for your very nice comments. It's nice to know the work is appreciated.
Scott

Back