• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I have been thinking about a NC 750x

jackthebiker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently own and ride a 2019 Road King and a 2015 Bonneville T100. I have purchased 42 motorcycles/ 11 different brands and ridden many more. I have been thinking about selling the Triumph so I joined this forum to learn more about the NC 750x. I am 68 but can still handle a bigger bike, just don't want to. At 6 foot and a 190 lbs I suppose I may be a little cramped, but it appears to be similar in size to my Bonneville, and I spend more time on that then the Road King. I am also considering a Suzuki Vstrom 650 Adventure, and a Moto Guzzi V85 Adventure. I would install adventure style bags and a larger windscreen. Center stand and maybe a rack. Hand guards too. I am disappointed in no cruise control. Any advice? I am looking at a 2018 red or a 2019 blue.

Jack

Last edited:
Go for it. I am 6’ and 180 and don’t feel cramped at all. It fits me good. I just bought one myself (2019 DCT) and am adding some farkles to it.....right now. You can find my thread in the 750 forum for some ideas.
So far I like the bike a lot....you likely will too.

I could be wrong on this, but I think in the US, in 2018 it only came in red and in 2019 only blue.

I looked at all those bikes before I bought my’13 NC700x, but the prices and great gas mileage swayed me towards the NC. I’m 6’1”, 185 lbs, and find it to be quite comfy- not as good as my ST1300 with lowered pegs, but acceptable for all day rides. I’m still working on the mediocre seat, but I’ll get it sorted.
You WILL have to shift more, and at first, the NC will seem a bit underpowered. I’m not sure whether the bike broke in more as I rode, or whether I just got used to it!
All in all,glad I got it.

Go for it. I am 6’ and 180 and don’t feel cramped at all. It fits me good. I just bought one myself (2019 DCT) and am adding some farkles to it.....right now. You can find my thread in the 750 forum for some ideas.

I could be wrong on this, but I think in the US, in 2018 it only came in red and in 2019 only blue.
You are correct, I changed it to 2018 and 2019. A dealer 90 miles away has both of them new.

I looked at all those bikes before I bought my’13 NC700x, but the prices and great gas mileage swayed me towards the NC. I’m 6’1”, 185 lbs, and find it to be quite comfy- not as good as my ST1300 with lowered pegs, but acceptable for all day rides. I’m still working on the mediocre seat, but I’ll get it sorted.
You WILL have to shift more, and at first, the NC will seem a bit underpowered. I’m not sure whether the bike broke in more as I rode, or whether I just got used to it!
All in all,glad I got it.
Thanks for the info. I changed the seat on my Bonneville and I am able to do 300 to 400 mile days. However I have ridden over 740 miles in a day on the Road King.

I just turned 60 years, I'm physically active, old 6' and used to be 195 but have gained 10 Covid pounds. I've spent a month on the NC750 riding day after day after day on a long trip without feeling cramped. It's not a RoadKing. Never will be. It is what it is and I love it for what it is.

FWIW, the MG V85TT is very appealing visually but I've not had a chance to test one.

My favorite bike of all time, and my riding is far more limited than yours, is my 2018 NC750x DCT

I did the saddlesore 1000 on my 2017 NC700, the knee position for my 32" inseam was a little unrewarding but some freeway pegs would sort that out. It might be underpowered compared to other bikes but it's rumored that it can still acheive felonious speeds. Not that I would know.

The pitch of the seat is probably the worst thing about it. No shaft drive or cruise control are the unfixable gripes

Also as for advice it depends on what you want the NC to ride on. If you're going to do single track there are better bikes. The NC isn't an ADV bike, but it is good enough for forest service roads with the right attitude. Imo it's a light touring and strong commute bike. Very practical, fairly fun, and hugely easygoing

I see a Gold Wing Tour in your pic? I had a 2018 white 6 speed Gold Wing Tour, Put 17,000 trouble free miles on it, traded in on my Road King.

Also as for advice it depends on what you want the NC to ride on. If you're going to do single track there are better bikes. The NC isn't an ADV bike, but it is good enough for forest service roads with the right attitude. Imo it's a light touring and strong commute bike. Very practical, fairly fun, and hugely easygoing
No serious off roading, a gravel road occasionally. Day rides mostly 150 to 250 miles.

I see a Gold Wing Tour in your pic? I had a 2018 white 6 speed Gold Wing Tour, Put 17,000 trouble free miles on it, traded in on my Road King.
Yeah, like you I have had MANY bikes over the years. Own two right now......The 2018 wing and the 2019 NCX.....both DCT’s. Best of both worlds!

I think you would be happy with an NC if you can live with a throttle lock or Go Cruise in place of a real cruise control. There are a lot of us long resume older riders that come to the NC looking for a reliable economical bike that can do a lot of things well enough. I have done many 1000+ mile rides on a variety of bikes, some documented in the IBA to get the stick pins and license plate backers, and the NC was easy for me to ride distances like that now and then but one member here named ld_rider finished at least one 11 day 11,000 mile IBA Rally that I'll never attempt. Get the seat and wind management right and the bike became to me easy and comfortable to lay down miles and yet great fun for day riding in the twisties. It does a lot of things well. It's the only bike out of about 30 so far that I sold and missed enough to buy another one and at 65 I don't rule out another one at some point. I've had both a manual and a DCT. Welcome to our community.

Back