• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I bought my NC again...

IronBunny

Reaction score
Visit site
After 5 days straight of heavy Down Pours here in FL, we finally got one day of sunshine on Friday.

The day was perfect, partially overcast just enough to keep the sun from roasting, but nice cool dry air, so I headed out to Ocala and put about 120 miles of smiles...

I stopped at the sleepy town of Micanopy for Lunch, one of their only two gas station has a wonderful country store that serves amazing country food.

Shocked at the prices, $7 for 1/4 chicken, or $9 for 1/4 ribs, no sides or a drink, just the meat, so I settled for the $4.50 catfish sandwich which was delicious.

Main reason to go to Ocala is because in the past I have always managed to find good deals at the motorcycle dealers there, but they all have been sold out to different monopoly store chains.

Ocala motor sports was sold to RideNow motor sports and Ocala Harley is now War Horse Harley, part of another Harley big chain, so these are no longer individually owned small town type of stores, they are now part of a nation wide chain of dealers.

My first stop was the Harley, I miss my little sportster and would not mind finding another for around town zipping...

I must say, I was impressed with the fact that War Horse keep all of their bikes serviced and ready for demo rides, I went to check out the new Street Rod 750, was able to go on a 10 miles ride.

Gorgeous little bike, excellent finish, definitely something beautiful to showcase, but the engine felt a little weak, it does comes alive just before you reach the rev limiter... Annoying vibrations can be felt on the grips, and the heather of the rear cylinder is right underneath your right heel, so my right leg was burning after the short right.

I was impressed that even with no wind protection, when I got up to 80mph, I didn't experience any of the wind issues that are driving me crazy on the NC700x.

I loved the little bike, would not mind owning one, but with sticker price of $10 grants, I think there are other better options for that price.

Next stop was Ridenow where they also sell Indian, victory and Triumph.

They have a brand new 2014 CTX700 that they continue to ask $8K, that bike will disintegrate in the show room but they refuse to cut any deal on it.

Next door, I was able to admire the Street Twin 900, what a dream of a bike, Iconic, beautiful, would love to own one of those but, again $10k sticker price...

Next row over, the Indian Scout Sixty

Beautiful matured entry level bike, just want I am looking for, craftsmanship is amazing, they offer a demo ride on the regular scout but I wanted to try the sixty so that was a no go, but again that would require a $10K loan...

I am shocked to see that there are no more $7K good bikes, that anything worth owning requires a $10K loan :(

So, I hop back on my bike, fled the madness and got lost on the endless country roads that are all flat and straight.

I soon started to appreciate, the smoothness, comfort, power and overall maturity of the NC700x, realizing that if I had to make another purchase, the NC700x would still be the best choice, so I bought my own bike once it again...

If I could only resolve the wind noise and buffering situation on the NC, seems like a mystical mystery the wind issue on the NC700X.

Today Saturday, as I was typing this report, I had to put the phone down and rush outside to cover up the Miata and move the bike inside the covered porch because it started raining again, according to the weather man, another 6 days of straight down pour :(

Last week, in one week we got the whole amount of rain we were to get in the entire month, the ground is saturated already, but we are getting another week of rain... Typical summer in Florida!

Here are some related photos...

03ac69b629049109ce30fb5566e7a52f.jpg

25c2f14824dc692ba3b9f16ae650c4bc.jpg

e1284c7186b848cfa1e2ef09a7a4f5ec.jpg

Last edited:
What windscreen are you using? Have you tried a wind deflector at the top of your windscreen? Are you open to trying another windscreen?
Surprisingly, I've also seen several posters using the stock windscreen say adding barkbusters solved their wind buffeting issues.....

What windscreen are you using? Have you tried a wind deflector at the top of your windscreen? Are you open to trying another windscreen?
Surprisingly, I've also seen several posters using the stock windscreen say adding barkbusters solved their wind buffeting issues.....
I tried the Amazon puig, no diference, now an trying the Amazon deflector on top of the stock, it helps a little but it still annoying, I was thinking of trying the cee bailey's next, but I will also look into the barkbusters, never heard of that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Great posts Ironbunny. I have the GIVI windscreen and it does the the job for me. Whenever I get the urge to buy another bike, a ride on the NC convinces me that this is the best for me, dollar for dollar. Good luck in your search for the right windscreen.

I tried the Amazon puig, no diference, now an trying the Amazon deflector on top of the stock, it helps a little but it still annoying, I was thinking of trying the cee bailey's next, but I will also look into the barkbusters, never heard of that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Barkbusters are normally found on off road bikes, but are a great addition for blocking wind at your hands. They do something with the airflow apparently that helps with buffeting according to several posts on the forum. It was an unexpected side effect.
National Cycle is very popular as is the Madstad... I think those are the 2 most popular on the forum. They have different heights so read those threads and see what similar riders to your height are happy with.

I'm 5'11 and am using the Honda touring screen with a wunderliech deflector. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with the National Cycle 22 inch or the Madstad 22" screen.... then decide if a deflector is needed. I am happy with my setup though or I would have kept trying other things. I just think I might like one of those 2 setups a little better, probably better wind blockage on the shoulders.

Last edited:
Barkbusters are normally found on off road bikes, but are a great addition for blocking wind at your hands. They do something with the airflow apparently that helps with buffeting according to several posts on the forum. It was an unexpected side effect.
National Cycle is very popular as is the Madstad... I think those are the 2 most popular on the forum. They have different heights so read those threads and see what similar riders to your height are happy with.

I'm 5'11 and am using the Honda touring screen with a wunderliech deflector. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with the National Cycle 22 inch or the Madstad 22" screen.... then decide if a deflector is needed. I am happy with my setup though or I would have kept trying other things. I just think I might like one of those 2 setups a little better, probably better wind blockage on the shoulders.

Thanks for the explanación!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of members are using barkbusters on their ncx's. I love mine, keeps your hands warmer in cool temps, drier in rain and protects from bug strikes and other things hitting your hands while riding

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The wind deflector with the Puig 5992H works wonder for me. I am 5' 9". Very little buffeting, much less air pressure on the upper body and pretty quiet ride event at 70-80 Mph.

I hated to spend the money, but I went with the Madstad and have no regrets. I read a lot on this forum and decided the Madstad would do the job. Very adjustable and I mounted a ram mount for my gps on the metal shield.

5a8e8ee9354bc209f98ed2a7b952923a.jpg

Happy Independence Day

I did add an extra horse to the stable, couldn't pass the deal, so the NC has been taking a break lately...

95714458176f00d8df154563645ba9e8.jpg

I was able to solve my buffeting issues by going smaller. I cut ~1.5 inches off the stock screen and added mirror extenders. This was not only incredibly effective, but cheap to boot. I would suggest it for anyone experiencing buffeting issues.

After 5 days straight of heavy Down Pours here in FL, we finally got one day of sunshine on Friday.

The day was perfect, partially overcast just enough to keep the sun from roasting, but nice cool dry air, so I headed out to Ocala and put about 120 miles of smiles...

I stopped at the sleepy town of Micanopy for Lunch, one of their only two gas station has a wonderful country store that serves amazing country food.

Shocked at the prices, $7 for 1/4 chicken, or $9 for 1/4 ribs, no sides or a drink, just the meat, so I settled for the $4.50 catfish sandwich which was delicious.

Main reason to go to Ocala is because in the past I have always managed to find good deals at the motorcycle dealers there, but they all have been sold out to different monopoly store chains.

Ocala motor sports was sold to RideNow motor sports and Ocala Harley is now War Horse Harley, part of another Harley big chain, so these are no longer individually owned small town type of stores, they are now part of a nation wide chain of dealers.

My first stop was the Harley, I miss my little sportster and would not mind finding another for around town zipping...

I must say, I was impressed with the fact that War Horse keep all of their bikes serviced and ready for demo rides, I went to check out the new Street Rod 750, was able to go on a 10 miles ride.

Gorgeous little bike, excellent finish, definitely something beautiful to showcase, but the engine felt a little weak, it does comes alive just before you reach the rev limiter... Annoying vibrations can be felt on the grips, and the heather of the rear cylinder is right underneath your right heel, so my right leg was burning after the short right.

I was impressed that even with no wind protection, when I got up to 80mph, I didn't experience any of the wind issues that are driving me crazy on the NC700x.

I loved the little bike, would not mind owning one, but with sticker price of $10 grants, I think there are other better options for that price.

Next stop was Ridenow where they also sell Indian, victory and Triumph.

They have a brand new 2014 CTX700 that they continue to ask $8K, that bike will disintegrate in the show room but they refuse to cut any deal on it.

Next door, I was able to admire the Street Twin 900, what a dream of a bike, Iconic, beautiful, would love to own one of those but, again $10k sticker price...

Next row over, the Indian Scout Sixty

Beautiful matured entry level bike, just want I am looking for, craftsmanship is amazing, they offer a demo ride on the regular scout but I wanted to try the sixty so that was a no go, but again that would require a $10K loan...

I am shocked to see that there are no more $7K good bikes, that anything worth owning requires a $10K loan :(

So, I hop back on my bike, fled the madness and got lost on the endless country roads that are all flat and straight.

I soon started to appreciate, the smoothness, comfort, power and overall maturity of the NC700x, realizing that if I had to make another purchase, the NC700x would still be the best choice, so I bought my own bike once it again...

If I could only resolve the wind noise and buffering situation on the NC, seems like a mystical mystery the wind issue on the NC700X.

Today Saturday, as I was typing this report, I had to put the phone down and rush outside to cover up the Miata and move the bike inside the covered porch because it started raining again, according to the weather man, another 6 days of straight down pour :(

Last week, in one week we got the whole amount of rain we were to get in the entire month, the ground is saturated already, but we are getting another week of rain... Typical summer in Florida!

Here are some related photos...

03ac69b629049109ce30fb5566e7a52f.jpg

25c2f14824dc692ba3b9f16ae650c4bc.jpg

e1284c7186b848cfa1e2ef09a7a4f5ec.jpg
Lots of curvey roads around Ocala particularly north and northwest.

Another day of Electra fun and adventure.

The NC has been getting zero use since the arrival of the Electra, just the radio factor alone has been enough to not look back...

I am even thinking of selling the NC, it was more of a solo bike for me, now with the Electra, riding has become more of a shared activity, and I love that.

So, if anyone close enough to pick it up here in FL, $3800 OBO.

Back to today's story:

Another day of Electra fun and adventure.

Since it is getting to hot to ride here in Florida at mid day, we decided to go out early morning to PALATKA, again, to try a breakfast place called Magnolia with excellent reviews, pleasant experience, not the best dinner breakfast I ever had, but it was passable.

After we ate we had fun walking around the street with all the mini boutiques window shopping :)

Then we took country road 13 to Green Cove Springs, that road was the highlight of the day.

The way back was just plain roads to Keystone Heights under the blasting sun...

Funny how you get used to all the quirks, I don't even notice the heathers heat anymore or the engine noises, we just jam to the music and ride.

We stop for gas and we both agreed how much of a blessing and good decision the Electra has been...

My Italian lady friend even stated that I look and handle the bike with much more confidence now :)

I must confess at the beginning it was a big shock the size and weight but it all feels natural now.

The Final stop of the trip was to go pick up the plate and registration at the dealer, the Electra is now official and street legal :)

I am now home cooling off, it is hot out there!

Also, I installed a portable car port to cover the Miata and the bike, $80 from Amazon, what a blessing that has been.

I got a tan

959494d1fd97816473f97e13fb21d39c.jpg

05f078bbd775d0d0cc489ccf52bb4324.jpg

86b42791f717b2cdb258e0314da00637.jpg

d628bcc331da00544e090634e574dd4c.jpg

8f5d0cd2e6c33d263e21589e0128c30b.jpg

0151d26ae9c094e28cb81ac5bce4cae7.jpg

b8a69f1933b8471d3dba1ff00ea3eadb.jpg

c92b20c6e47e610061d42e9d9c81be28.jpg

9a7a10d2800dffaf31bd24e6c0556aee.jpg

Last edited: